Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loved the old H & M, ready for new, but which??

jpbohney Guest

Default Loved the old H & M, ready for new, but which??

We have enjoyed a City sofa, loveseat and chair from Hancock and Moore since 1997. Two years ago, cores were replaced free of charge after extreme duty under the f****** of 5 boys who are now men. Pragmatically, I wanted concrete and stainless but admit the comfort of leather over ultra down has been wonderful these past 17 years. Now the whole group will furnish the first home of a son and his bride. That leaves me with an empty room and hopeful anticipation of new f****** (think grandchildren) in search of ultra down.

We now have our eye(s) on the Lynne, the Yosemite, and ok I'll say it, the City. In fact, we anticipate the need for more seating so we'd like a matched set. I recently got to sit on an Architect with Cameo leather. We loved the leather, but I had difficulty getting comfortable on the Architect. Could it be that the 22 inch depth, shy of my City 23 inch depth, could be the difference? My wife prefers the look of the 22 inch depth Lynne but will it sit like the Architect? Any thoughts on the Yosemite? Thoughts on the leather? My wife is petite. I however am not. I favor the big man sofa.

I have really enjoyed reading this forum and the information available.

jpbohney Guest

Default Re: Loved the old H & M, ready for new, but which??

Please know that f****** was not an obscenity and rhymes with n****** for those who play Jeopardy.

jpbohney Guest

ok, the plural of nanny.

You don't want to buy a piece on dimensions - they fluctuate +/- 2" as a build standard. Cushion thickness, pitch angles, all play a part in the way a piece sits. Myself, I would prefer a Yosemite over a City because it fits ME better - but that doesn't' mean it fits everyone better. Not sure what your questions are on the leather?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jpbohney Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You don't want to buy a piece on dimensions - they fluctuate +/- 2" as a build standard. Cushion thickness, pitch angles, all play a part in the way a piece sits. Myself, I would prefer a Yosemite over a City because it fits ME better - but that doesn't' mean it fits everyone better. Not sure what your questions are on the leather?
    Thank you very much for responding. My wife really likes the Lynne. The one inch less depth relative to the city we own made me nervous about the sit. The architect which had the same 22 inch depth as the Lynne was not comfortable for me. Sitting on a Lynne would be ideal. Sadly that is not likely to happen. I understand now I should toss out my rationalizing around depth dimensions. Lynne or Yosemite, Yosemite or Lynne, arghh. Thanks for the therapy.

jpbohney Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jpbohney View Post
    Thank you very much for responding. My wife really likes the Lynne. The one inch less depth relative to the city we own made me nervous about the sit. The architect which had the same 22 inch depth as the Lynne was not comfortable for me. Sitting on a Lynne would be ideal. Sadly that is not likely to happen. I understand now I should toss out my rationalizing around depth dimensions. Lynne or Yosemite, Yosemite or Lynne, arghh. Thanks for the therapy.
    Ok so we have decided on the line. We have seen another sofa in a leather we liked and I think it was cameo burnished. Is all cameo burnished? Is cameo luggage burnished? Cameo brown burnished is not on the h&m website. Is it discontinued? Will the finish of a burnished leather wear the same as a non burnished? Will there be a price change June1 as suggested elsewhere? Thanks Duane (Dr. Collie). I enjoyed chatting with you.

Yes, all the Cameo series are burnished. If the leather is not on the web site, then its been dropped, though that is one we can probably still get for you - just have to call the right people. Burnished finishes have proven to be be very durable and easy to live with. They will change over time and with use, but its a good change.

H&M will most likely revise all pricing and their promotional Town and Country grouping end of June, they do every year. Most prices will go into effect July 1st. I have no idea if there will be price increases across the board or a 'pick and choose' where say 20 % of the line might increase and the rest do not. Like Dirty Harry.... "Do you feel lucky?"
    Duane Collie

jpbohney Guest

Another cameo question. Are cameo and cameo luggage on the h n m website the same leather ?

'Cameo" would be the leather as it comes from the tannery straight away.

"Cameo Luggage Burnished" would be the "Cameo" that has been hand-tinted and burnished at H&M to become its own unique color.

You can burnish or tint most any pure aniline leather, even blues, greens and reds to achieve a different look. Sometimes it gets muddy and dark so lighter base stock usually works better. 'Cameo" is basically the blank canvas to take various other tints to it in order to change colors and create different effects.
    Duane Collie

jpbohney Guest

Considering a Lynne sofa. We have a sample of cameo Carmel in hand. I think the preferred leg is Townsend, but we are stuck on nails. Can you tell me is the Travelers nail a flat rather than rounded nail ? How bout the Etruscan? Better yet could you just tell me what leg and nail to get? Hah! You wouldn't have any Lynne pics would you?