Thread: Hancock & Moore Austin recliner/incliner help

Default Hancock & Moore Austin recliner/incliner help

Duane, thank you for hosting this forum. It's an amazing resource and I've learned a great deal from it.

I'm looking for a recliner/incliner sofa for daily use (for my wife and I). I don't HAVE to have a recliner/incliner, but I think it would feel best for the way I normally sit. After doing a lot of research I think I've landed on the H&M Austin sofa w/bustle back. However, I'm having some issues with sales person knowledge and floor model availability (to try out a recliner/incliner). I've sat in both the Austin and the Austin High Back Sofa and the Austin high back tilt back chair (all with bustle back). I really liked the high back sofa and I thought the high back tilt back chair was really nice too. Is the tilt back chair more like the recliner or the incliner? Does the incliner have a foot rest? I've been told it different things. Does the high back sofa even come in an incliner? Do the recliners/incliners hold up as well as the standard sofa?

My wife wanted the power option in whichever model we get and I had some concern about the electronic mechanism. Does any one have any experience with Hancock and Moore power reline options? Have they stood up well with time?

If anyone owns one of the power reclining or inclining sofa especially the Austin, I'd like to hear how you like or don't like it. Was power worth it? Did you get the battery?

Thank you,
    Brian
    Last edited by brian; 05-19-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Austin recliner/incliner help

* The Austin Tilt Back Chair is unique, and not like either the recliner or the incliner sofa
    * The motion series Austin sofa fits in size between the standard and high back stationary ones.
    * Incliners have footrests that come up, the backs slip down slightly but do not recliner back.
    * No motion piece will be as durable as a stationary one, the mechanisms are the weak point vs non-motion.
    * Yes, I would get the power option. The motors have proven very durable and its rare to replace one.
    * Get the battery pack model only if the sofa is floating in the room/ If up to the wall (or near it) stay with the plug in.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.