Hello,

My husband and I are looking for an upholstered bed. We are on a limited budget, and found several pieces at Macy's that fit into our budget. We spent half a day trying out different beds made by Jonathan Louis, grilled sales person for information, but still don't feel I have enough information to know if this would be a decent purchase or a total rip off.

I wasn't able to get any specifics on Jonathan Louis furniture. The site uses very vague language in explaining what is used in different parts, and it isn't clear what specifically is used for the Macy's line of beds. I am also very uncomfortable with a year only limited warranty. That means like a very short period of time to me.

I am trying to get a good starting point to accurately evaluate if I am being reasonable in paying almost $1000 for the queen size upholstery bed made by JL, or am I getting a bad deal?

And by the way, I am fully aware that this piece of furniture isn't on a higher end. Unfortunately we are limited by our budget, and have to work with it. Ideally I'd like the bed to give us good 7 years of life.

Any advice/suggestion on how to asses if this is a good deal?

Thank you

Olga

P.S. We are trying to score the holiday's discount that is available until Monday. If someone has any quick feedback for us, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.S.S. I love this forum!!!