Thread: BY Sylas Recliner - Power recline failure

wsujason Guest

Unhappy BY Sylas Recliner - Power recline failure

Just received a new, apparently non-conformist B-Y Silas (power recliner with inside release) that doesn't feel inclined to recline. The motor slow flashes green when idle, clicks and lights up green+orange when the switch is pushed one direction and does absolutely nothing when the switch is pushed the other direction.

I didn't choose to have it put back on the truck, but, while I wait for service -- anyone out there have a similar experience and/or know anything I might try to free the mechanism? The delivery guys nor myself could locate any type of shipping lockout. Hopefully it's not a bum motor fresh from the factory.

Default Re: BY Sylas Recliner - Power recline failure

I was thinking someone at the Customer Service phone number might be able to troubleshoot the issue if they happen to know of some common trouble spots to check.

The following is on their warranty statement...

To avoid problems, written authorization from the factory is needed before the return of merchandise for any reason. All inquiries should be sent to the following address: Bradington-Young, Attention: Parts & Service, 1340 14th Ave Ct SW, Hickory, NC 28602. Phone: 704-435-5881, Fax: 704-435-4276. Authorization for local repairs of goods manufactured by Bradington-Young must be obtained from the Bradington-Young Parts & Service department, prior to repairs.

Default Re: BY Sylas Recliner - Power recline failure

All warranty issues and concerns MUST go through the selling dealer - please do not call the factory direct, you are likely to get told the same thing and it will just upset you.

Most the time on a power recliner, the issue is with the activation handle - not the motor. It's a simply switch replacement, just get the part from your selling dealer, follow the wire and plug it in. While I don't know the exact switch placement on that model, usually they are easy to install with a couple of screws that need to be taken off. Its very rare for the motor to be faulty.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.