Thread: Flexsteel Chicago sofa

MaryR Guest

Default Flexsteel Chicago sofa

We have been looking at purchasing the Flexsteel Triton sofa, as I mentioned in a previous post. I just looked at the Flexsteel website and noticed the Chicago sofa, which is another reclining sofa. Does anyone have any information as far as which would be better?

Duane, did you happen to carry that line when you carried Flexsteel?

Thanks for any information!

Mary

Essentially the sofas are made the same, just different styling is all. I sold a few of the Tritons on special order, but never put them on the floor.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Godiva Guest

We've been sofa shopping as well, and settled on the Flexsteel Chicago sofa. Although the only Triton piece we were only able to sit on was the recliner (not a sofa), we noticed that it felt considerably "bigger" than the Chicago recliner. The seat itself was higher (maybe by an inch or so) from the floor, and it was deeper, so that you had to sit farther back in order for your back to touch the back of the sofa. Since we have four children, we thought that the Chicago would be a better choice because their feet would be able to touch the floor.

Two more differences are that the Triton sofa is 7" shorter overall than the Chicago, and the Triton is split in half (with both halves reclining), whereas the Chicago is in thirds, with only the two ends reclining.

Hope this helps!

rustcat Guest

Default Re: Flexsteel Chicago sofa

This is quite an old thread - curious to know if the Chicago sofa has held up well in all these years? I think they use laminates and not 5/4 wood on the frame; their springs are also something 'unitized' (vs. sinuous or 8-way tie?). Any suggestions for something comparable and perhaps more recent?

Thanks,

Joe