Thread: Sofa for a big guy

keylimesoda Guest

Default Sofa for a big guy

My wife and I just sold our 20-yr old Robinson & Robinson (Leathertrend) sofa. After years of abuse from children and my big frame (6'2, 310) it was still as firm as the day it was brand new. But she always hated the color and design, and they wouldn't fit down the stairwell to our basement, so it was time to say goodbye.

Conversely, our 1-yr old custom Bassett couch has already lost support, is uncomfortable and is creaking in the middle.

What I'm looking for now is a couch or sectional that is deep enough and long enough to be comfortable (40+ in), while being short enough to fit down our stairs (28"), and durable enough to survive me and the kids for the next 20 years.

Any thoughts on brands, or specific pieces?

Default Re: Sofa for a big guy

That's a tall order, only 28" clearance into the basement? You will want to buy something locally and in-stock at a dealer where you live so if they can't deliver it, you have rights of return. Good luck in the search.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

keylimesoda Guest

Default Re: Sofa for a big guy

I'm looking at picking something up from Couch in Seattle. Looks like they carry a lot of Montauk pieces.