Thread: Thinking about the H&M Oslo sofa

Raident Guest

Default Thinking about the H&M Oslo sofa

I was browsing through the Resource Photos section of this site and came across Duane's floor model Oslo in Piazza Camel, which was absolutely gorgeous. On top of that, it's a relatively compact sofa and the "extended outwards" armrest style means that I can fit a bigger side table than I otherwise would be able to

1. Width: Is 82.5" the width of the sofa at its widest point, namely armrest-to-armrest? If so, how much do the armrests stick out by?

2. NC340-3 and NC356-3: Aside from 2-cushion vs 3-cushion, are there any significant differences between these 2 models? I noticed that H&M has slightly different dimensions for the 2 sofas, but is this a result of manufacturing tolerances, or do the two models have completely different frames?

3. Leg finishes and wood stains: What are my choices? Does H&M have a webpage listing these like they do for leather?

4. Leather: I'm looking for something in an ivory, cream, tan, or sand colored leather. Piazza Camel definitely fits the bill here, but just so I don't accidentally pass up a leather that I might like more, I figure it would be best to solicit advice on leathers that others recommend which are available in these colors.

Default Re: Thinking about the H&M Oslo sofa

Correct. Widths are measured at the widest point of a piece. I'd have to have a floor model to measure specifics, and that one I had has been sold, sorry.

Its hard to tell if certain frames are common, I'd have to call to H&M and speak with the production manager on such a question/

You can see all the wood finishes at the H&M Website. Leg's can sometimes be swapped as a custom - but as standard each one comes only as show with one leg choice per model.

As to leathers, best way to do that is go to the H&M website, pick out up to a dozen then PM or email your list to me and I will order free samples for you. There is only so much you can do with a photograph of a leather, having actual pieces of leather to hold is far better to determine colors.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.