Thread: Stickley Furniture prices are confusing me, how to budget?

Threaded View

Trogdor Guest

Default Stickley Furniture prices are confusing me, how to budget?

My wife and I just moved into a new house. I was told my one of our local furniture guys that Stickley Furniture is of very high quality and that if we want something that is "solid wood" (not all wood), Stickley is a safe bet. As a result, we went to the only Stickley store in NJ (Stickley & Audi in Paramus - there maybe another dealer now but this is the only one we could find.).

In any event, we love the Mission stuff but the prices are well...insane...or are they?

Example, the Mission table and chairs (6 or 8) are listed MSRP of 12k, on the floor for 10k, but with a 40% sale, it's 6k. My guess is if we bought a lot of stuff in one shot we could potentially haggle that down to 5k or less. Or can we? The thing is we talked to one of the sales guy/interior designers and he told us that we are eligible for a complimentary visit to help us choose our furniture, give us a floorplan, and ensure our happiness BUT we may think our budget and their prices don't match.

We want to furnish a living room, dining room, and maybe a foyer. Our budget is around 15-20k. Am I way OFF and Stickley would really cost us DOUBLE that or are we within range? Are we wasting our time?

HELP!

PS. If not Stickley, then or next stop is probably gonna be Gat Creek, since from what I understand that is also solid wood (mainly cherry) and built in the US (WV and Ohio).
    Last edited by Trogdor; 08-11-2014 at 06:43 AM.