Thread: Small Leather Sectional

mandlin Guest

Default Small Leather Sectional

First, a thanks to all the folks who make this such a valuable resource.

Now to the question.

My wife and I are looking for our first leather sectional and are finding it challenging to find something that meets our size, style and quality requirements.

We have a 14' by 14' room, but due to door and walking path restrictions, we need something no larger than 88" by 116" (outside dimensions) - an L shape with the shorter section coming out from the left side of the longer (when looking at the sectional from the front).

We have uncovered 2 options so far:

B&Y Yorba: a RAF sofa 508-84 and LAF corner return sofa 508-93, which give us dimensions of 85 1/2" by 110"

American Leather Savoy: need three pieces in this one and have to loose an arm on the short side - RAF sofa SVY-SO3-LA and corner seat SVY-CNR-SQ and armless loveseat SVY-LVS-AA, which give us dimensions of 84" by 114"

Both of these give us 3 seats along the back and 2 on the side, plus the corner seat, though we loose the outside arm on the short side with the Savoy.

From a style perspective, we much prefer the American Leather Savoy. We like rounded edges, no nail trim or fancy seams. The H&M City also appeals to us, but doesn't have the right dimensions.

From reading the forums here, it seems the B&Y and American Leather are of about the same quality - not the best, one tier below, but still good quality and will last. We don't want to go below that level of quality, but would of course consider better.

Our current delimma is that the prices we are getting locally are a bit above $4k for the B&Y and between $8k-$9k for the American Leather. Thus, while we would choose the Savoy on style alone, we are miserly enough to not want spend almost double without getting significantly better quality.

Hence this post. Does anyone have any suggestions for brands/styles that we should be looking at which fall within the parameters above?

Any assistance you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Small Leather Sectional

I think you may have a pricing discrepancy on the Bradington Young Yorba unit, or else that's an older floor model they really REALLY want to move out. $ 4K for one of those is not a viable selling price on a new order of that sectional. That may be why you are seeing so much distance in the pricing from the American Leather piece. However, if you can buy it at $ 4K, you may want to grab it - that's a smokin' hot price. Sectionals with an 88" dimension are not easy to find!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mandlin Guest

It was too good to be true. Turns out it was a mis-quote, they quoted the price for fabric, not leather.

Note, also found that Stickley 500 series will work in the same configuration as the American Leather. I was hoping they did sectionals by the inch, like they do sofas, but no such luck.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

dutseal Guest

Hi Duane:

I am also looking for a 3 seater sofa and a RAF Chaise from Bradington Young.
    I really like the BY MENDELL SECTIONAL | 720, mainly because the Chaise is so Wide, but I want the left piece to be a 3 seater sofa, instead of a 2 seater loveseat.

Do you know off hand which other BY in leather that has a chaise as wide as the one on Mendell?

Thank You in advance for your help.