Thread: Bradington Young Import Line Seven Seas and Envision Made in China

dutseal Guest

Post Bradington Young Import Line Seven Seas and Envision Made in China

I was shopping around for a new leather sectional, and was reading many many forums. I narrowed it down to 2 brands, Hancock and Moore and Bradington Young.

While I was shopping around for BY, I came across the Seven Seas Sectional collection. A sectional with a chaise on one end and a recliner on the other. The price was pretty decent, $3800.

However, this particular line, is not shown on the main line on Bradington Young's website...which made me wonder, if they have another Line which is Imported. So I called around, and sure enough the Seven Seas and Envision Line collection by Bradington Young is an Import Line....which I guess is Not Made in North America...but instead China.

That was such a close call..I almost made the purchase. Even after reading so many forums, had I not typed BY Seven Seas specifically, I would not have found out that this is an Import line. Supposedly on the BY main website, there is a section for Import line. But if there is, it was not Easy to Find.

Default Re: Bradington Young Import Line Seven Seas and Envision Made in China

Bradington Young label is USA-made.

Seven Seas is not a Bradington Young label and is 100 % made in China, and is not to the same build standard as the flagship line in my opinion.

Envision was B-Y's attempt to have a USA-made product as a lower price point, but it has not been selling well and is fading away. Though USA-made, it used split hides for the sides and backs and no sag springs for suspension. I never bought the line, because I didn't care for the 'Made in USA' label on it while building it like Chinese furniture.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.