Thread: Authentic Linen Sheets.

ConnecticutYankee Guest

Default Authentic Linen Sheets.

Does anyone here have experience buying or owning linen sheets?

The place that seems to have the best authentic 100% linen sheets is Rough Linen. According to my research, linen is the most comfortable bedding in warm weather. They also can last a century if cared for properly and are heirloom quality if bought from a legitimate retailer.

I plan on buying linen sheets next week and I will post feedback after some usage in a months time.

Note: I posted this originally in another section of the forum in error.

dmattinson Guest

Default Re: Authentic Linen Sheets.

Feedback after 6 months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by dmattinson View Post
    Feedback after 6 months or so?
    Have you looked at MATTEO? Or on Etsy @ some of the linen bedding only retailers from Europe?

MATTEO is a luxury bedding company based out of L.A. & their products are made there too. Not cheap, & their color choices are mostly neutrals & greys, but every review or magazine write-up I've read say they're the go to folks for true, luxury linen bedding.

Rough Linen is a great, small American made company as well, though her color choices are very much all about focusing on the flax/linen over style: mostly whites, off white & natural flax(undyed linen.) They're not inexpensive either.

Melange Home offers a good linen/cotton blend as well as a 100% linen bedding line, but not too many colors to choose from.

There's also of course, RH's Belgian Linen bedding which I use personally & haven't had any issues with. It's VERY wrinkly, but I happen to like that look & it's why I moved from Egyptian cotton to linen. Linen just feels great to sleep in during the summer here in Texas.

West Elm, Crate & Barrel, CB2 & ABC Home all have linen bedding as well, but can't attest to their quality.

Bear in mind, Belgian, Irish &/or any other "European" linen bedding you'll find will have originally been grown in those countries, but processed in ANOTHER country, such as China(as is the case with my RH sheets.) Doesn't mean it's an inferior, Chinese made product just means true linen bedding from flax grown in Belgium or Ireland, etc & made in those countries, or Italy will be VERY expensive to produce...so, they outsource the looming &/or sewing of the fiber.

Hope that helps

organic_smallhome Guest

I also think Rough Linen is excellent quality. Not fond of the RH and Matteo linen; too rough for my preference. Don't care for Melange Home (made in China, and I would be very hesitant to buy any bedding materials processed in China) or Coyuchi linen (made in India), both an inferior quality of linen. I bought pillowcases on Etsy from DLino and the quality is fantastic--a very soft, fine weave; when I can afford it, I will buy a sheet set from them. I would also like to add that not all European linen is processed outside of Europe. Another option is to purchase vintage European linen, either on Etsy or ebay; although it is considerably more expensive, deals can be found!