Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Sales

Default Hancock and Moore Sales

My H&M reps were here today to stop in and bring me new leathers and fabrics. They shocked me when they told me I'm the # 2 dealer in the state of Virginia! I had figured I was like 50th or 60th, because my store is so small at only 5,000 s.f of showroom. Only Greenfront Furniture in Farmville is ahead of me, and that's because physically they are about 100x larger in size - they ARE the town of Farmville, and have a second huge warehouse store in Manasass as well. They sell more H&M by accident than I do on purpose, I think.

Thanks to everyone here that has had the confidence to order from me and help me obtain that goal. I had no idea I'd knocked out so many of the Golaiths around the state in terms of H&M sales. I may have to go next door to the Baskin-Robbins and get a Sundae to celebrate!

Next goal : Knock out Greenfront and be the # 1 dealer in Virginia <g>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Default Congratulations Duane!

WOW! Congrats to you, Duane! Nothing like getting that kind of news. We will try to see to it that you are #1 soon. Hope you got to Baskin Robbins for your celebratory treat!

Tell us about the new leathers......

Most the new ones are Class V exotics, interesting hides, but typically designer leathers or used only for non-wear, decorative areas. In mainstream leathers, there is Garfield (Class III), Fenway (Class II), and Hanson (Class II). All are Aniline, with lots of natural markings. Good leathers actually - I like them. Fenway Claret is a deep rich burgundy that caught my eye, as did Garfield Chestnut - a nice rich brown.
    Duane Collie

Sarah Guest

WOO HOO! Way to go Duane!!!

crouch Guest

Congrats Duane. Second in Virginia in Hancock & Moore sales and first on the internet in furniture information!

On the issue of new swatches, have you received the Buckingham swatches yet? I think you have said the Buckingham leather is new for this year. The swatches haven't arrived at my local dealers yet.

If you have them, any thoughts? H&M sent around an email recently showing the Poet chair in Buckingham and it looked good.

Also, what serviceability rating does Buckingham have? Since it's a Class III unprotected per the H&M website, I'm assuming the Serviceability is not a 2 but I'm holding out some hope that it is so that I can take advantage of the Town and Country price on the 5010 Highlands sofa.

If it's not a Serviceability 2, would you agree it's not appropriate for a family room sofa with two kids under 3 if we eat snacks and drink soda/milk/juice on the sofa regularly (with associated spillage and baby-related spitups, toddler-related sticky hands for who knows what reason, etc.)?

Yes, I have one set of Buckinghams for my Master Rack of Swatches. They look good! I get them because I beat on the poor woman who does the samples until she finds it easier to just send a set than to listen to be go on and on about not having them <g>. So I get them pretty much when the Sales Reps get theirs. It will probably be about three months before most dealers get them, however.

A burnished leather goes though the shop as a regular leather all the way to the very end. Then when its done, except for the nail trim, it goes back to finish and is hand-rubbed (burnished) with a toner coat, is then sealed, and top-coated. I made some inquiries to H&M staff on it, and they say they've had zero customer complaints on the Burnished leathers.

Having said that, its technically a non-protected leather, which means a "3" serviceability. It won't repel everything with that rating class, so its not going to be like a finished leather - you'd have to be prepared for some stains I would think, but probably nothing too severe. For really heavy and durable use, the Finished hides are still the champ and the best of them I think is Antelope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buckingham.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	208  
    Duane Collie

crouch Guest

Well that's a $700 kick in the pants.

I'd be perfectly happy with the Buckingham from a looks/quality standpoint (it's a Class III same as the Antelope). Because Buckingham is the married leather for the 5010 sofa in the T&C program, it would be about $700 cheaper for the same sofa than the Antelope even though it's the same grade leather (pricing based on your earlier posts). But because it's unprotected I guess I need to avoid it and spring for the Antelope to get the extra protection.

Thanks for your response, including the photos which I assume you just took? Impressive.

Odd I/O Guest

Well done Duane!

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crouch View Post
    Well that's a $700 kick in the pants.

I'd be perfectly happy with the Buckingham from a looks/quality standpoint (it's a Class III same as the Antelope). Because Buckingham is the married leather for the 5010 sofa in the T&C program, it would be about $700 cheaper for the same sofa than the Antelope even though it's the same grade leather (pricing based on your earlier posts). But because it's unprotected I guess I need to avoid it and spring for the Antelope to get the extra protection.

Thanks for your response, including the photos which I assume you just took? Impressive.
    Yes, a quick shot of the leathers with my trusty Kodak digital....

This is a call on your part quite honestly. Personally, I love the look of these Burnished hides. They have a great hand to them, colors are super, and they are thicker leather. I'd not hesitate to buy in this group in the least.....BUT....I can live with a few stains if they occur. Chances are they won't, but you never know. Also the question becomes are you willing to slightly modify your family lifestyle to not take all the food to the sofa, but perhaps limit it to some drinks and cookies, keeping oily/greasy items off it?

Everyone has a different tolerance for that sort of thing, but if it were me I'd save the money and go for it, knowing chances are the leather will be fine.
    Duane Collie

crouch Guest

That's exactly the kind of analysis I was hoping for. I certainly can live with a small risk of staining and if it occurs, it won't ruin my life. I just wouldn't want to buy something that would stain easily.

Is there any aftermarket product (spray, etc.) that would help minimize staining without altering the feel/durability of the leather?

Also, in your pricing spreadsheet for the T&C program, your column F is less expensive than column D for the Highlands group. Is that intentional or an oversight? It seems contrary to how the pricing works for everything else. What would be the correct prices for a 5010 sofa and a 5007 ottoman in a non-Merlot Buckingham?