Thread: Expanding a H&M Furniture Set

Default Expanding a H&M Furniture Set

Hi there! I am picking these 2 Hancock & Moore chairs up tomorrow -- seller says they're hardly used and in excellent condition, but I think older models. Was a little worried that some of the seams appear crooked in some of the more detailed pictures the seller sent - are these from the time period they were using the imported, pre-made covers? I'm guessing with age/use, it's unlikely I can get an ottoman from H&M that matches? Any other considerations before I buy these? Idea of how much is too much to pay for them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hm1.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	6544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hm2.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	6545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hm3.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	6546

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by a1i50n; 09-24-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: Expanding a H&M Furniture Set

The photos you have posted here look excellent! H&M like most, if not all manufacturers offers furniture pieces with married-covers that are pre-made for specific styles. This has been true for years and is true today. H&M however does a much better job than many furniture manufacturers with regard to the quality of each piece, and even those with married-covers. I think the chairs could represent an excellent find. If the price is in the hundreds of dollars and in the neighborhood south of $500 then you are going to be saving some serious money. Once you have the chairs you may find a piece of leather that can be sent to H&M (or you could send a cushion) to purchase an ottoman.

wisejd -- thanks for the input! The chairs were $400 for the pair. They really do look brand new too, except a 1cm tear in the leather where someone dropped something on it. It is covered by the lower cushion for the most part, but am still hoping to fix it/have it fixed. Any advice on that? I can take a photo as soon as my husband gets home and unloads them from the truck! I think as far as trying to find something to use for an ottoman -- I am going to actually go with something coordinating/complementary rather than exact match, just to liven up the beige a bit!! Is there a rule of thumb for how high the ottoman should be compared to seat height?

Thanks again & thank you to whomever clarified my topic title - I went back to see if I could add the H&M after I posted it, but couldn't figure out how to edit that part!

Here is the little tear. It's at the side where the arm and the seat come together and is hidden by the cushion when in place, but am worried it might get worse. Any advice? Thanks so much!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hm.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	6547

I think you got an awesome deal on the chairs and believe Duane will have some advice on how to repair / stop the tear. With it being hidden by the cushion it may be easier to DIY for a fix then if it were showing.