Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted: Recliner Recommendations

Default Re: Wanted: Recliner Recommendations

deskjockey I did look at the Costco recliner you were looking at and noticed the size is somewhat smaller than the H&M Royal High Leg Recliner that I purchased last year.

The Costco Recliner: 30.25" W x 39.75" D x 41" H The H&M Royal High Leg: 36 W x 39 D x 46" H

The reason this is interesting is that my last year's price of the H&M larger recliner was priced within the amount you said you wanted to spend. Now mine was part of the Town & Country promotional program and the Dealer had purchased it in a 6-Pack "at Market" They had three brown and three cordovan. I was able to purchase it and just put it in the back of my minivan and thus no Delivery charge. We did what you have stated you are about to do and that is got in the car and drove to other cities to actually see the H&M Town & Country pieces prior to our purchase. My advice is to go to the H&M Web Site and use the Dealer Locater for stores within a range you are willing to travel. I also recommend actually calling the Dealers to ask ahead of your trip what pieces they do have on the floor. I found quite a difference between one Dealer and another as to H&M inventory in-house. Also be advised that not all Dealers with H&M pieces participate in the Town & Country Program and as such, they won't have the product or the price.

With Duane having both H&M and B-Y recliners, I would seriously consider taking a look at these company's recliner styles and selecting whichever you like and then call Duane at The Keeping Room to determine cost and delivery time-frame. We picked up the H&M recliner within 20 miles of home, but also have purchased an H&M Sundance Sofa from Virginia and received it within about three weeks. The Delivery is based on when the Logistics Firm has a truck loaded and ready to head your way. The actual Delivery Fee was very reasonable.
    Last edited by wisejd; 10-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.

deskjockey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Look at the 4114, 4017 and 4104 units, those are solid, top sellers.
    The furniture dealer near me has one of these three units stocks, in the warehouse. Hmm.

deskjockey Guest

I will call and find out which stores, if any, have the Hancock and Moore's Royal High Leg and report back.

I have seen many recliners in furniture stores and it appears to be that about 5% of them have any lumbar support. What's the point in designing a recliner without lumbar support and whats the point in any furniture buyer buying a recliner without lumbar support, however, good they might be?!

I am not certain how you are making the judgement about "lumbar support", but I'm sitting in my H&M recliner as I am typing this post and this one has significant lumbar support. In the event that the number of separate stitched segments visible on each recliner style is how you are judging the presence of or the lack of lumbar support, I think you might be pleasantly surprised. Another thing to consider when trying out a new recliner is that I have found the original resistance of the cushioning changes a bit after about a week or so of daily use (I think it is more about air than material changes). In other words, while it is important that you find the chair comfortable if you have an opportunity to try it in the showroom, I find it become even more comfortable after just a short-time of regular use. Best of luck in your search.

Furniture is as much a fashion industry as it is one geared towards utility. Many - MANY recliners have little or no lumbar support because of the styling and the ladies of the house prefer to the look of those in almost every instance to the less-stylish bustle back designs that the men prefer. And in my store, its usually about 50/50 on who wins the day on choice...lol
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

deskjockey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Furniture is as much a fashion industry as it is one geared towards utility. Many - MANY recliners have little or no lumbar support because of the styling and the ladies of the house prefer to the look of those in almost every instance to the less-stylish bustle back designs that the men prefer. And in my store, its usually about 50/50 on who wins the day on choice...lol
    Sigh.... LOL

Some of the marital meltdowns in my store over style / cost / leather are Epic! I usually try to disappear in the back until they settle it out on the showroom floor.
    Duane Collie

tpdoody Guest

I have few options to "sit" in an actual recliner that I hope to purchase, perhaps from the Hancock & Moore collection. Any suggestions? I live in the New Orleans area. Can you send me a PM about your store? Is that allowed? (new to the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by tpdoody View Post
    I have few options to "sit" in an actual recliner that I hope to purchase, perhaps from the Hancock & Moore collection. Any suggestions? I live in the New Orleans area. Can you send me a PM about your store? Is that allowed? (new to the forum)
    I am not sure what you are asking about, sorry. You can link to my store's website at the top of the forum page....
    Duane Collie