Thread: So I bonked myself yesterday....

Default So I bonked myself yesterday....

I was carrying a large box into the store from my truck and tripped on one of those parking lot concrete stops and went down face first into the cement sidewalk curb directly in front of my main door. Boy, did that smart. I nearly knocked myself out, and didn't move at all for about a minute. The UPS guy who happened to be in the parking lot saw me and rushed over, helped me up and I was a bloody mess. A half roll of paper towels and bottle of hydrogen peroxide to clean up with, and I'd stopped the bleeding (mostly). Because of the box in my hands as I fell I couldn't catch myself with my hands, and I wasn't lucky enough to keep holding onto the box while I went down - guess its instinctive to drop what you are carrying and try to catch yourself, but it was too late. So, should any of you folks come into my store tomorrow (Saturday) I apologize for my appearance! I look like the loser in a bad late-night bar fight - be prepared! Ugh. Good thing I already knocked out my two front teeth in a motorcycle wipeout 44 years ago - otherwise they'd be getting root canals shortly.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: So I bonked myself yesterday....

That sounds like more than a bonk! I hope you're doing alright!

I'm a tough old bird, lol...thanks for the concern! I'll just scare people for another few days with my appearance....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

You should make up a better story. Maybe you were hit with the hoof of a deer that jumped across your path while on your weekend bike adventure. Or how about you cut yourself while skin diving at a sunken boat. Something, anything besides tripping on a parking stop.