I've been invited to a attend special event with McLaren Automobiles to do some hot laps with their professional race team drivers and then take the new 650S out myself on Nov 6th at Summit Point Raceway. They are flying both the cars and their race team over from England and at 650 HP in a 3,000 lb car, it will be - by far - the fastest, most capable car I have ever driven. I hope I don't fall in love with it, because the price of one is $ 265,000 before options and I don't sell enough sofas to buy one of those. It will be a huge kick and the fastest I've ever been on the main straight to date at Summit Point is 142 mph in an Aston Martin. That McLaren should make 185 before Turn 1, and is quicker than a Ferrari 458. This will be real paste-your-eyeballs-in-your-helmet stuff and its pretty hard to drive any car over 400 HP on a road race course at 10/10 ths unless you are a pro. I expect to be both awed and respectful of this car's capabilities. I won't be the one to wreck one....lol.

Needless to say, the store will be closed on Thursday Nov. 6th....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	650S-orange-track-_2870140k.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	6568