Thread: Help selecting furniture

Kyfurniturehelp Guest

Default Help selecting furniture

I need a new recliner and couch I have a budget but I don't want to buy crap and waste my money either. There aren't a lot of good choices in my area most of the dealers carry low in enter level furniture at high prices. I have tried to narrow things down but need some advice one place carries nice stuff some of Hancock and Moore but the only 2 recliners they have ate the sundance model and it's $3130 and the Town and Country and it's $2392 which I don't think is a good price for that brand could you tell me if it is Mr. Collier? They also have a leather couch that is Hancock and Moore Austin model and it's $3382. They also carrier Bradington-Young and had several models Haskins $1269 Schaumburg $1541 a Stellen glider/swivel which I don't like for $1723 if I ordered that one without the glider/swivel action it would be $2300 seems like they just want to sell what they have in stock. There was to other models $1830 don't know model had no 0609 and $1830 with no 0593 don't know the models and they have a cloth Hardin brand couch for $895. Another store carries lazy boy, lane, England had one for $1441 and a Smith brothers $2200 and a leather couch craftmaster for $1897 and lazyboy leather couch for $1149 they have a promotion drawing in 2 days where I could win either 5, 10. 15, 20, or 25 percent off any furniture I buy. Everything else is really junk at other dealers except the dealer with Hancock and Moore does carry Sam Moore and Taylor King but they don't have and in stock and I'm scared to order a chair or couch without sitting in it first. Please can I get some advice, I wish your store was closer to me in Western KY Mr. Collier and I would buy from you because you seem to be nice, honest and fair. Thanks for help.

Default Re: Help selecting furniture

Wow...that's a killer run-on paragraph! Too much coffee?

Without knowing the leathers used on these pieces, I can't say on price - and I don't discuss prices in detail on H&M on the forum at the company's request. Sorry.

Good luck in your search...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kyfurniturehelp, I don't know how far you are from Cincinnati but there is an H&M Dealer there that typically has quite a number of H&M pieces (recliners and sofas) on display. If you visit the Hancock and Moore web site you can locate their Dealers by entering your zip code. There are a number of H&M recliner models that run less than the Sundance, yet are very stylish and comfortable. All H&M Dealers are not participating in the Town and Country promotion program, and based on your budget you may want to stay within those pieces. B-Y also has excellent styles and covers and will run a little less than the H&M offers. Duane has a thread within the forum that shows all the 2014 T&C pieces, so you may want to look at that if you haven't as yet. When in doubt about a price, once you have determined the style you like you can always call Duane at the Keeping Room to get a quote. I live in Ohio and found the shipping and delivery time-cycle and cost to be totally acceptable when purchasing from Virginia.
    Last edited by wisejd; 11-12-2014 at 12:13 PM.

bubbaonline Guest

Verbargs in Cincinnati for Hancock and Moore or Bradington Young..

Best Furniture in Fort Thomas, KY for Bradington Young (that's also in the Greater Cincinnati area).

If you are farther south, I don't have any recommendations..

Kyfurniturehelp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Wow...that's a killer run-on paragraph! Too much coffee?

Without knowing the leathers used on these pieces, I can't say on price - and I don't discuss prices in detail on H&M on the forum at the company's request. Sorry.

Good luck in your search...
    Mr. Collie I have decided on the Bradington young brand for my chair since it is more affordable than the Hancock and Moore. I have 2 dealers one has a chair I like in stock and the other would have to order the same model. The in stock one is a married leather I have read that you don't care for this so would be better off to order one without that or is that ok compared to what grade of leathers went ordering. Also do you like the West Haven sofa they have one at one store or I could get a nice cloth Harden couch at the other store that they have on clearance for less than half price. But I also read where you said you didn't like the brand and had stopped carring it. Thanks for your help and this form.

Married cover is fine these days. It was many years ago it was substandard.

I stopped Harden in 1988, a long time ago and haven't looked at it much since.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The last time I saw some Harden sofas, I thought the upholstered pieces looked fine but their leather was not in the same league as H&M. I can't speak for how they sit, as I didn't try them.