Thread: Help needed finding tall back comfortable leather recliner

Hybrid View

UNCLE PAULY Guest

Default Help needed finding tall back comfortable leather recliner

Hello Duane and all fellow members,

I just joined the forum this evening. I will be furnishing a small living room and a basement family room in a town house I am refinishing.

My first and very most important piece will be a tall, large and comfortable leather recliner. I am 6'-1" and 260 lbs. and due to past accidents have fractured two vertebrae in my neck and have lower spinal issues as well. The last accident (nearly 4 years ago) has left me very uncomfortable in the evenings in any position other than lying down or reclining in a good lounger.

So I have been traveling around the Baltimore Md. area trying out recliners and want a good quality leather recliner that is big enough with a tall enough back to support my upper shoulders and head.
    Have focused on Hancock & Moore and Bradington - Young because they are available locally but open to others of course.

So far the best fit and most comfortable has been the Bradington - Young #4104 ALTA high leg lounger. It is the tallest I've found locally and although it's supposedly 46" in height, I measured closer to 43" to the top of the frame went compressing the top cushion. I don't care for the legs on this chair and would like a more modern style but it is very comfortable. A runner up was the B-Y #3322 Roswell 3 way lounger.

P.S. - I was on-line looking at the Hancock & Moore #7132-w Katie lounger and wondered if anyone as one or tried one out in a store. Like the clean look of it but think the back might be too short for me.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Default Re: Help needed finding tall back comfortable leather recliner

H&M Royal High-Leg Recliner:Name:  1026_Royal_MT_SM.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  25.4 KB

Height 46", Width 36", Depth 39"
    Inside: Width 21.5", Depth 21"
    Seat Height 21", Arm Height 26"

This Hancock and Moore Recliner is available in their Town and Country Promotional Program and thus can compete price-wise with the Bradenton-Young. You can see the leather covers available on this forum by searching for the thread "town and country 2014". This H&M Recliner #1026 is also available in a Power Recliner if desired. I am about the same height and weight as you and enjoy this Recliner every day. This particular Recliner is often in an H&M Dealer's inventory, so you could call around to the Dealers in your area. You are close enough to take a driver over to The Keeping Room and talk directly with Duane about the piece and/or other recommendations he may have. By the way, this chair has at least two choices of style of legs.

wisejd,

That would be a great choice! I am considering this exact chair for one of our rooms!

I have a H&M Sadler (# 1044) in my home, and the B-Y Alta is a shameless knockoff of it. It's one of my favorite recliners (obviously, since I own one).

The Katy from H&M sits fine, but with the style of that unit it will not be on the same comfort level as the Sadler / Alta series
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

UNCLE PAULY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have a H&M Sadler (# 1044) in my home, and the B-Y Alta is a shameless knockoff of it. It's one of my favorite recliners (obviously, since I own one).

The Katy from H&M sits fine, but with the style of that unit it will not be on the same comfort level as the Sadler / Alta series

Thanks Duane, I'll call you tomorrow to make an appointment and drive down from Baltimore with my floor plans and discuss options.

No appointment needed, I'm a 1-man operation so I'm always there during store hours. Please note that I have neither a Sadler or an Alta on the floor right now.....though I usually stock one or the other.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

marys1000 Guest

I just weeded out this model for myself because its not a wallhugger. However if you don't need that try looking at the
    Leathercraft 2057SRM Heavy Duty Swivel Rocker Recliner (you can get it with power).
    Its 43" high