Hello Duane and all fellow members,

I just joined the forum this evening. I will be furnishing a small living room and a basement family room in a town house I am refinishing.

My first and very most important piece will be a tall, large and comfortable leather recliner. I am 6'-1" and 260 lbs. and due to past accidents have fractured two vertebrae in my neck and have lower spinal issues as well. The last accident (nearly 4 years ago) has left me very uncomfortable in the evenings in any position other than lying down or reclining in a good lounger.

So I have been traveling around the Baltimore Md. area trying out recliners and want a good quality leather recliner that is big enough with a tall enough back to support my upper shoulders and head.
Have focused on Hancock & Moore and Bradington - Young because they are available locally but open to others of course.

So far the best fit and most comfortable has been the Bradington - Young #4104 ALTA high leg lounger. It is the tallest I've found locally and although it's supposedly 46" in height, I measured closer to 43" to the top of the frame went compressing the top cushion. I don't care for the legs on this chair and would like a more modern style but it is very comfortable. A runner up was the B-Y #3322 Roswell 3 way lounger.

P.S. - I was on-line looking at the Hancock & Moore #7132-w Katie lounger and wondered if anyone as one or tried one out in a store. Like the clean look of it but think the back might be too short for me.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul