Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M Rugby - what did you buy it for or MSRP

Hybrid View

sewconfused Guest

Question H&M Rugby - what did you buy it for or MSRP

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I've been reading through as much of the forum as I can but it's quite extensive. So if I've missed an existing post or maybe multiple posts, please roll your eyes, sigh and help a gal out with a link.

I was looking at the H&M Rugby Club Sofa (5261) in a GR3. The local dealer is selling it for $7515 but would go down to $6950. From the prices that I've seen so far I haven't seen prices this high not even close. I'm sure prices can get up much higher if you're going into GR4 and exotic skins etc.

I like the sales person. Would love to give her my business so I'm not looking to test it out in the store and buy it cheaper online sort of thing. Though that sounds like that's gone away. I have a bad feeling that I'm getting an unfair price. If anyone who has purchased this sofa can share with me what they paid for it. Even if it's a different grade of leather. Or if anyone knows the MSRP. I would like something to compare the price to.

Thanks

Default Re: H&M Rugby - what did you buy it for or MSRP

Well, we don't directly discuss H&M prices in the forum (at least I don't as a dealer). You can PM me for a price if you like. If the leather is Weston Cane Burnished, then that is the Town and Country promo on that sofa and priced more aggressively than a regular GR 3 leather.

MSRP on a 5261 in a regular grade 3 is $ 10,515. I can tell you this much - you're not getting a smoking hot deal @ $ 6,950. How much do you really like your salesperson?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sewconfused Guest

Thanks for the MSRP. The leather is Pullman's Brick which she told me was a discontinued leather. I'm not set on this particular leather. It's was the the leather on the floor model. I had no idea the choices I had until I found the H&M site and this forum. How does the Weston Cane Burnished compare to the Pullman's Brick?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa06.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	6643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tetonmain.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	6644

The Rugby in the Weston Cane Burnished and the Teton in the Pullman's Brick Burnished.

sewconfused Guest

Thanks for the pictures wisejd.

Pullman Brick is not a discontinued leather because it was never in the line. That leather is a one shot deal hide they get from time to time. It's Italian, thickly split and has a great feel to it. I usually buy a few pieces in it when they come around with it because i do like it. H&M gets a promo on it from the tannery in Italy, then the reps go around to the dealers and sell it as a pre-order only, then they order the hides they need to fill the pre-orders. It similar to the Class 3 regular hides and in the deal they sell at a Class 2 price to stocking dealers which amounts to about a 15 % discount. H&M hasn't offered it in at least two years so they've had that Rugby sofa for a bit on the floor. I would think since its a 1-shot, you could make an offer and they be nuts not to take it if anywhere near reasonable (under $ 5K) since they can't re-order it and its been sitting for a long time.
    Duane Collie

sewconfused Guest

drcollie, I had no idea that it was that old. That's a long time for their money to be tied up. I'm surprised they didn't try to offer me a better price. I was shopping for an entire livingroom. I had a sofa, coffee table, rug, chairs picked out. Disappointing. I'm not even sure that I would go back in just to offer a reasonable price which would look like a low ball to them. If I do should I be concerned that the sofa may not have been cared for over the years? It probably hasn't seen much use so that shouldn't be an issue.

Firstly, I would have no concern about their having cared for the sofa ...what you see is what you would get. The Rugby Club Sofa being my favorite H&M Sofa, I can't imagine how gorgeous it must be. In any event here is what I would do. Take a look at the H&M web site and see if you can select a leather that you would love to own the Sofa in. Call Duane at the Keeping Room and request a price quote for that selected leather on the Rugby Club Sofa. Also request a price for the Town and Country promotional Weston Cane Burnished (if you like that cover ...I think it is also gorgeous). Ask Duane if he believes there will be an even better price for these Sofas on "Black Friday" as I think he said something about a one-day H&M sale (I may have dreamed that though). I don't know if you have mentioned what part of the country you are in, but it is very cost effective to arrange shipping via Duane and his current favored logistics vendor. I got my Sundance Sofa from Virginia to Ohio for under $300. In my case it took just under four weeks. Armed with the price quote you will not have to feel bad determining what you would offer for the local Sofa. If they can't come anywhere near the price you could order it for and have it shipped then you just walk away and call Duane to place your order.
    Last edited by wisejd; 11-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Well, I wouldn't be too hard on the store because every merchant has to set a price they need to stay in business - I just happen to have probably the lowest overhead of anyone in the USA because I own the space I'm in, I have no employees, and no health insurance premiums to pay (my wife works for the county school system) Therefore I can sell at a pretty aggressive price. Some stores are employee and debt heavy, so they have to have more margin. If you like that sofa, go in and make them an offer - you can tell them about the leather - it will probably shock them ... lol. Worst they can do is say 'No'. And if they do, then call me and we can work out the sofa in a Burnished leather in a color of your choice and I can get you a factory fresh one.
    Duane Collie

luvthefloyd Guest

Duane,

It sounds like Pullman Brick isn't presently available? It's really stunning!