I have an empty living room and am hoping to get some opinions on the best way to go about getting and picking out furniture. There's nothing in there at the moment. The living room measures 12 ft by 14 ft, has wood floors, high ceilings, and tall arch-topped windows. I've included a diagram of the layout and pictures of the apartment. I'm not planning on staying here for more than a few years, but would be bringing my furniture with me whenever I do move so I would prefer something that is a bit versatile.

As far as style I like the look of a tufted couch, similar to the H&M "Tavern" #5592, but I'm open to all suggestions. I also liked the H&M Chancellor #1744, and was curious about the new line mentioned in the "tip of the day" forum by McKinley (3274 chesterfield and 3934 Leather Sofa with Tufted Back).

For material I prefer a brown color in leather, but again, am open to suggestions. I've already requested samples of leathers for H&M couches in the following:

1. Aspen Tobacco
2. Buckingham Walnut Burnished
3. Document Chino
4. Document Harness
5. Document Tobacco
6. Hand Antiqued Saddle
7. Luggage Russett
8. Rio Whiskey
9. Sedona Tobacco
10. Stampede Harness
11. Weston Tobacco
12. Weston Sunrise Burnished

I'm not in any kind of a rush, I was thinking to buy a couch, and then a different style loveseat or recliner or both, but wasn't quite sure how to throw it all together or where to place things. I do plan on getting a TV in there, but it doesn't need to be the focal point of the room as I don't actually watch much TV.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but was hoping to get any advice/suggestions from all of you. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	6652

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	6653

Name:	5.jpg