Thread: Overwhelmed and confused!

Darcie Guest

Default Overwhelmed and confused!

Hi! So glad to have found this forum! I'm Darcie. I have begun my search for the perfect sectional but sadly am having trouble narrowing down the search and don't have a ton of time to go out and shop. So far I am loving the following sectional but would love some of your feedback since I am not yet married to anything...I have a family of 4 (2 adults, 8 yr old, and 4 yr old.) No pets.

Arhaus - Brentwood leather (beautiful but seems VERY pricey)
    American Leather - Carson (again expensive but maybe this is the average for a leather sectional)

I have also quickly ran through Ethan Allen and sat on a few styles that are nice but haven't priced out leather and sectional layout for these yet...
    Any reviews and ideas of other sectionals I should investigate would be appreciated. I live in the Pittsburgh PA area. I would not ever dream of ordering a couch before sitting on it so hopefully I can find your suggestions locally!!!
    Thanks so much in advance!
    Best,
    Darcie

Default Re: Overwhelmed and confused!

Both Arhaus and American Leather are average builds, plywood-based pieces. Nothing to write home about, but not shameful, either. The term "expensive" and "pricey" are hard to define, as its relative to an individual's financial comfort level (in this case, yours!). Real dollar numbers help the rest of us to know cost per piece in order to possibly offer alternatives.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Darcie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Both Arhaus and American Leather are average builds, plywood-based pieces. Nothing to write home about, but not shameful, either. The term "expensive" and "pricey" are hard to define, as its relative to an individual's financial comfort level (in this case, yours!). Real dollar numbers help the rest of us to know cost per piece in order to possibly offer alternatives.
    Thank you for your response...Ideally we would love to keep the cost below 7K but the more we search we are finding that that will lend itself to be tricky for a leather sectional. We also need a smaller sectional because our space is not huge...Any brand suggestions would be great! I wish I could drive to your store and purchase...I can tell by this forum that you are "good people"!!!

OK, got it. Again though, use specifics such as "A sectional no more than _____ inches along the wall" as that helps determine recommendations that can be made. Generalities such as 'small' don't define size. Just a tip....

This is one of the compact sectionals that I like, 103" on each side along the wall, this one sells for $ 4,289 in GR 1 leather plus shipping costs to your location.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...eather-9023-65
    Duane Collie

Darcie Guest

Thanks Duane!

Okay so per your recommendation we found a furniture store that carried both BY and H&M...I'll just say again that I am soooooo relieved to have found your forum...we spent the entire morning at the furniture store, narrowed our search to basically 2...only to have the sales woman tell us that neither was available in a sectional (which I later realized on my own that she was wrong about the H&M for sure.) Wondering if you could give us quotes for 3 options...

1.) I loved everything about the BY Richardson comfort levels but can't find it in a sectional form...wondering if the customized version that BY offers could get close to the spring down cushions, the seams on the back cushions and the depth of the seat. We started contemplating 2 sofas rather than a sectional but feel like that is settling for something that we don't really want. This is the layout that we think will work best in our room...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 4.11.35 PM.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	6759

2.) BY RICHARDSON STATIONARY SOFA 8-WAY TIE | 866-95
    Bentley place color 9067-79-F (Empyrean Kalamata) OR Bentley place 9099-88-F (verona Walnut)
    LOVED the Spring Down feel of the cushions.
    also LOVED the seams down the back cushions.

3.) H&M 9839LAQ..9839RAQ City Sectional with wedge
    Sadly because we were told it wasn't offered in a sectional we didn't pick a color for this one...we like a nice dark brown color that is kid friendly (no pets)...I will have to go back to look at a swatch book.

If there is any way that you can give us a quote on these it would be so great!
    Shipping would be to Sewickley PA 15143

Here is a basic layout of the room...forgive the fact that it's quite elementary!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 4.20.09 PM.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	6760

Thanks so much in advance and Happy New Year!

Hi Darcie,

B-Y doesn't do customs so the Richardson series is out for a sectional, sorry. But of course you can do a pair of sofas if you like, but why not get what you want? You will have it for a long time.....

I'll PM pricing for you, H&M requests I do not post prices publicly.
    Duane Collie