Thread: Dead Man in the Driveway

Default Dead Man in the Driveway

My wife goes for a run this morning at 7:45 a.m., sees a car parked at the end of our pipestem and down a little on our main road, with a guy in it. We get a lot of drunks sleeping it off that park around here on weekend nights, but we've also had a lot of break-ins in the neighborhood recently, so she comes and gets me. I walk down to the car - its a silver Hyundai, get the tag number, look inside and see a black male that looks totally passed out, or dead, in the driver's seat, slumped to the passenger side. There was a day when I would have knocked on the window then opened the car door...but not now. Last thing I need is to roust some guy and he comes up with a gun in my face, so I come home and call the police, then take the dog for a walk and the cop shows up within 5 minutes. He tells me the guy is dead when he finds out I'm the one that called it in. All he would tell me is it was non-violent, so nothing to worry about. Drugs, natural death, something like that. They haven't even taken the body out of the car yet....here's a photo. So the road is blocked off now, and will be for a few hours they tell me. Wakes ya up on Sunday Morning....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeadGuy.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	6660
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Dead Man in the Driveway

Yikes. What a way to start the day. Hope you both have recovered from the shock.