Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore Sale Period February 2015

Default Hancock & Moore Sale Period February 2015

The 5% off Sale Period on Hancock and Moore is in effect from now until Close of Business Wednesday March 4th. This sale is on every Hancock and Moore piece in either leather or fabric, and applies to custom trims and cushions as well. Excluded is the Town and Country Program, cut yardage for fabric and loose leather. This 5% is in addition to my normal quoted prices.

And for this sale period I'm go to do something else I've never done before. I'm going to sweeten the deal for volume buyers if you buy (5) seats or more on one order and give you an additional 5% off so that means 10 % off your entire order if you meet the (5) seat criteria. In the trade, a seat is a seating position. So a sofa typically has (3) seats, a loveseat (2) and a recliner or chair (1). Ottomans don't count. Barstools do. In sectionals, the wedge does not count.

Examples:

Example 1) Order (1) Sundance Sofa (3 seats) and (1) Sundance Loveseat (2 seats) and you get 5% off + another 5% off as you got to 5 seats. Add a cocktail ottoman to the order and you will still get the 5% + 5% on that as well.

Example 2) Order (1) Sundance Sofa (3 seats) and (1) Sundance Recliner (1 seat) and a Cocktail Ottoman (0 seats) and you only get 5% off as your total is only 4 seats.

See how it works? Shipping will be additional, as always, based on your state/zip (please provide both for a quote if you give me just a zip code I have to go look it up on the post office web site for a state). 20% down to order, balance due when it leaves H&M and you pay the delivery company directly for their services.

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE do not wait until the last few days of the sale period to place an order and ask lots of questions! I get swamped at the end of these sale periods every time they come up, and that results in missed phone calls, short and abbreviated answers and call backs, higher frustration levels for you and the like. Try to order early and neither you nor I won't be as rushed. The cutoff for samples in order to get them in time for the sale period is Feb 23rd. The Cutoff for Custom Requests that require a few days to compute for a price is Feb 28th. I know some of you are procrastinators and just like when you were in school, waited until the night before it was due to get into your homework. Remember how much easier it was to do it early and not be under the gun?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sebec Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Sale Period February 2015

I understand T&C is excluded from the 5% sale, but would you consider Town and Country items toward the 5 seat criteria volume if it composes part (or all) of a bulk order? (In other words, just 5% rather than 5% + 5%?) I hope that question makes sense.

Hancock and Moore also makes several benches. How many seats would they count as, if any?
    For example, 088 Drake Bench.

Thanks

The Town & Country program is excluded from the sale period and does not apply to seat counts as well, it would get too confusing to do so. That's a stand-alone, year-'round promotion. (UPDATED & CHANGED - SEE FOLLOWING POST)

Benches are the same as an Ottoman. They don't count as a seat, but you can get the extra discount on them if you have (5) seats total.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Duane Collie

I thought about this some more today and ran some numbers....I'm going to extend the (5) seats 5% off to Town and Country Items as well. So you can mix and match 5 seats and on T&C and regular line items to get that extra 5% off discount.

This extra part of the sale is an experiment ( 5 seats / 5 %). It's cutting margins to the bone, so hopefully volume will make up for that extra 5%. We'll see at the end of the sale period whether it offset or not. If it does, I'll do it again and if not, it will be a one-time deal.
    Duane Collie

Hello Duane,

I have a couple of questions for clarification:

1)T&C promo- If I like the Rugby Club, but not the exact leather offered in the T&C promo is there still a reduction if I choose another T&C promo eligible leather?
    2)I am interested in the Rugby, Arrington, and West End sofas but don't see a loveseat. Do any of those offer a love seat? (I am trying to get to the 5 seat threshold)

Thank you!

1) Yes, that works.

2) When you look on the H&M website at the frames, it will tell you just below the dimensions if a loveseat is available as a standard item. On those three frames there is not, but a loveseat can be made as a custom in almost any frame.
    Duane Collie

newnick Guest

Would T&C program Journey be available in a leather other than Document Tobacco?

You may want to read what the Town and Country program is and how it works in the LEATHER UPHOLSTERY section of the forum.
    Duane Collie

newnick Guest

I have read it many times, but I've also read about ways it can be manipulated and I am not sure about how that works. Short answer I guess is, no, but maybe in another Document Leather. Is that correct?

Town & Country has two tiers (in leather). The lowest price tier is in the featured leathers with the inset photos. There is a second price tier in the same leather family but different colors. i.e., on the Journey sofa the feature leather is Document Tobacco which is the 'married cover', meaning it is cut and sewn in China as a kit to fit the frame. The second tier is any other Document (appx 24 to choose from last time I counted). Those are the same leather family, but are cut and sewn in Hickory NC at the H&M plant. While I won't post prices here at H&M's request, the difference between the feature leather and second tier on that frame is $ 363 at todays prices. Effectively that the difference between using American Labor to cut and sew the cover @ $ 18 an hour vs Chinese labor @ $ 1.20 an hour. (or thereabouts)
    Duane Collie