Hello Duane and others,

My wife and I have changed the furniture around in our Great Room at least half a dozen times since 2010. We want to finally buy some high quality furniture but we are having trouble deciding "what" to buy. I would like to take advantage of the H&M Feb promo so now is finally the time to make some decisions.

I have attached some photos of our Great Room. The sofa and black chair are to be replaced but I would love some input about configuration and furniture needs. I have also enclosed the floor plan that is overall 15 width X 19 length and the length angles toward the base of stair landing.

I would like to have very little or nothing in front of the window. That view is the highlight of our house as it is on a hill and overlooks a huge grass land. In suburbian Minnesota it is almost as good as it gets.

We are finishing our basement so the TV is not the focal point anymore, more about entertaining, small and large group conversations, and relaxing(reading/naps).

1)How is the current configuration? We are struggling with creating an intimate room that is large but yet has major obstacles(large window and stairway). I don't like dead space especially if we are entertaining a larger group.

2) If the current configuration is the most feasible, do I just replace the 79" sofa and black chair?...larger sofa and/or add a loveseat?

3)We have thought about a sectional but I don't think it works unless it is in front of the window.

4)How do we place end tables and lamps? Coffee table?

Thank you in advance for any input. I am very grateful for the service you are providing, you obviously have a passion for the business and people.

Attachment 6855Attachment 6856Attachment 6857Attachment 6858Attachment 6859