Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H & M questions

Bigwaved Guest

Default H & M questions

Duane,

I have been lurking for a while. I finally have had the chance to sit in some of the H & M furniture. What would the follow recliners, chair and sofas cost in grade 1 and in grade 2 leather? I understand this may be a ballpark number without more detail, but it would give me an idea. My zip code is 97062.

4275 Restoration sofa
    4274 Restoration chair
    7056 Restoration lounger
    7074 Genoa lounger
    4196 Tower sofa

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Here's the prices, Dave:

4275 Restoration Sofa:

Grade 1: $ 2,387
    Grade 2: $ 2,773

4274 Restoration Chair:

Grade 1: $ 1,290
    Grade 2: $ 1,483

7056 Restoration Lounger

Grade 1 : $ 1,397
    Grade 2 : $ 1,616

7074 Genoa Lounger

Grade 1 : $ 1,702
    Grade 2 : $ 1,975

4196 Tower Sofa

Grade 1 : $ 2,973
    Grade 2 : $ 3,505

I can't really do a shipping quote until I have the final mix, as its based on weight. Oregon is a ways away. Just rating out 350 lb (Sofa and Lounger) it would be $ 525 to your area.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Bigwaved Guest

I was not able to sit in a Restoration sofa or lounger. I did sit in the Genoa and Conrad loungers. I liked the feel of both of them. I did not like the feel of the Statement lounger due to my back not touching the cushion when my feet are touching the floor. My problem is a short inseam (30"). Can you comment on the Restoration line? I read your quick comments on the sofa in the pictures section, but I would appreciate more information.

Also, I am curious about what you think about the different grade 2 leathers. I am assuming this is what I should aim for given a small dog and a 6 year old child being potential users of this furniture. I have read the descriptions in the brochure. I am leaning towards Cavalier or Document, but I really could use some advice. My wife likes the soft & supple feel of some leathers, but we don't want something that is not very serviceable. Glossy or high sheen (like the old men's club chairs) is not to her liking as well. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bigwaved; 04-19-2009 at 02:05 AM.

Comfort is subjective, and opinions no substitute for trying a piece out in person, of course. I find the Restoration sofa to be better than my expectations when I first tried one out in terms of comfort. Many contemporary designs, especially ones with lower back heights, don't sit very well. The Restoration was surprisingly comfortable as long as you don't expect to be able to lean your head back on it.

Cavalier and Document hides are both sourced from China, and of the two I personally prefer the Cavalier as I'm not a huge fan of the 'shading' or high/low toning put into Document. Having said that, there are other Grade 2 hides I like better to include Kipling and Weston. They're not quite a bulletproof as the two from China, but I think its worth a slightly higher standard of case/use to have the more natural and elegant leather they offer. If you want near-bulletrpoof however, you will get that with Cavalier and Document, and also look at Columbia which is a Grade 1.

If you want to look at flatter sheens, then Caress is the series to explore (also a grade 2).
    Duane Collie

Bigwaved Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Here's the prices, Dave:

7074 Genoa Lounger

Grade 1 : $ 1,702
    Grade 2 : $ 1,975

I can't really do a shipping quote until I have the final mix, as its based on weight. Oregon is a ways away. Just rating out 350 lb (Sofa and Lounger) it would be $ 525 to your area.
    Okay, it looks like we have settled on a leather selection. We like the Antelope Chino. What would two Genoa loungers be shipped to 97062? BTW, do you have an opinion on Councill Craftsmen? We like the Rivoli sofa they make.

*LOL, I just read that you were thinking about adding Councill to your lineup. That was a few months ago. Any news on that?
    Last edited by Bigwaved; 04-25-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Shipping a pair of Recliners to Oregon via Home Delivery Service is going to run about $ 310, give or take. Antelope Chino is an excellent choice for a recliner leather, btw.

I intend to carry Council as soon as I can afford to do so. Need about an extra $ 15K in spare cash to inventory the initial order. I strongly believe in running a cash business, and never had had a line of credit or ahve any debt service, so I have to save up to get the new line!
    Duane Collie

Bigwaved Guest

My order for two H & M loungers and a Councill sofa is just about ready to be placed on the truck out West! Duane has been attentive and very helpful through the whole process. What a journey so far.

Bigwaved Guest

My order was delivered today. It is overcast outside today, so the pictures are not turning out very well, so I will attempt again tomorrow. Thank you for everything, Duane. We are extremely pleased.

I will post the pictures I did take later.

Excellent! I'm anxious to see the Councill sofa and your evaluation of the workmanship and quality compared to the H&M leather recliners that were part of your order.

Also some feedback on the delivery service is most appreciated as well. Always trying to see if there is any room for improvement.
    Duane Collie

Bigwaved Guest

Here are the pictures that are not too good. The fabric on the sofa is particularly washed out by the flash.

The end table is a temporary placeholder. We are looking at a round shaped one that is smaller. The sofa's skirt is not relaxed from the shape it was being held in by the protective wrapping. We are going to need a floor lamp for the room as well. The style has yet to be determined.