Thread: Hancock and Moore #5483 Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Java

mcaltemail Guest

Default Hancock and Moore #5483 Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Java

I received my new H&M Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Java I purchased through Duane a few weeks ago and it has been everything I expected and more. I was a little concerned about purchasing a sofa I did not sit on in a leather that I could not see and actually feel (I did have samples of the leather but knew the actual color and pattern could vary). The sofa is extremely comfortable and great to lounge on. The inside dimensions at a 24" depth are a little deeper than the sofa's description and is perfect for my taste (I am approx. 6'-0").

This forum helped me greatly in making my final decision on my sofa selection, hope these photos (a bit blurry) assist anyone in their decision process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150115_145547.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	6894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150115_145556.jpg 
Views:	1429 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	6895

Default Re: Hancock and Moore #5483 Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Java

Quote Originally Posted by mcaltemail View Post
    I received my new H&M Lynne Sofa in Tiburon Java I purchased through Duane a few weeks ago and it has been everything I expected and more. I was a little concerned about purchasing a sofa I did not sit on in a leather that I could not see and actually feel (I did have samples of the leather but knew the actual color and pattern could vary). The sofa is extremely comfortable and great to lounge on. The inside dimensions at a 24" depth are a little deeper than the sofa's description and is perfect for my taste (I am approx. 6'-0").

This forum helped me greatly in making my final decision on my sofa selection, hope these photos (a bit blurry) assist anyone in their decision process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150115_145547.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	6894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150115_145556.jpg 
Views:	1429 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	6895
    Hi

My husband and I are trying to determine what leather and sofa to buy. I like your new sofa. Is it possible for you to tell me more about how the sofa has aged in the year after your purchase? Has the pull up affect became more pronounced. Is it possible for you to post updated pics of your sofa. Also, what nail head/brads and back and seat cushions did you choose (standard or down?) How do they sit? Any sagging issues with the cushions front or seat?

My other concern is sliding forward on the sofa while sitting, is the leather slick?

Thanks MTay99

You may not get a reply to that from the sofa owner, they only have that one post here and it was over a year ago. Pull-up hides age better than most any other leather out there as they build patina over time, and the markings from pressure make them look better, not worse. Here's a thread you can read into to see some photos of what a good Italian pull-up looks like when used.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...light=campaign

Suspension will not sag on a Hancock and Moore, it just doesn't happen. If cushions lose their resiliency, you can request new cores and they are free of charge to you if you are the original owner.

All pull-ups are waxy, so that might be considered somewhat 'slick' but its not that plasticy-cheap feel you get with a bi-cast Costco sofa. Nails on that Sofa are the R / S ones.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You may not get a reply to that from the sofa owner, they only have that one post here and it was over a year ago. Pull-up hides age better than most any other leather out there as they build patina over time, and the markings from pressure make them look better, not worse. Here's a thread you can read into to see some photos of what a good Italian pull-up looks like when used.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...light=campaign

Suspension will not sag on a Hancock and Moore, it just doesn't happen. If cushions lose their resiliency, you can request new cores and they are free of charge to you if you are the original owner.

All pull-ups are waxy, so that might be considered somewhat 'slick' but its not that plasticy-cheap feel you get with a bi-cast Costco sofa. Nails on that Sofa are the R / S ones.
    Hi Duane,
    Question: I had seen a pic of a new out of the box Settlement Sofa done in Tuscany Harness, here on the forum and it appeared in the pic very dark almost black. When I look at your campaign ottoman you have the link to in you reply it looks more like the actual sample, which I like. So which pic is more close to the actual color I should expect to see on a new sofa? I know pics are not always accurate but just wondered if I should expect to see dark dark almost black, or a somewhat dark chocolate brown like your ottoman pic of it being new?

This is pic or link to the Settlement Tuscany Harness Sofa pic
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...1&d=1413047380

Here is pic of your new out of box pic for your ottomon.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...6&d=1464464656
    Last edited by mtay99; 05-29-2016 at 03:11 PM.

That one photo showed dark for some reason. I usually use a Nikon D40 which has pretty good color accuracy, when I use my iPhone 6, its not so good. I can't recall what I used to take a shot of that one, however I usually just crop and size them, then hit the Auto-Color Fix in Photoshop before posting. If I were to attempt to color correct every one, you guys would never get any photos at all ! Takes way too long to fuss with that for a computer hack like me.

The Ottoman photo is more accurate to the true tone.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.