Thread: McKinley Leather Review - Franklin Sofa 4204-92"

Mrcjrizzo Guest

Default McKinley Leather Review - Franklin Sofa 4204-92"

I was one of the individuals who participated in Duane's McKinley Leather Furniture promotional offer. I purchased the Franklin sofa, which is model number 4204. This couch can be purchased at 84 or 92 inches. I chose the 92" inch sofa in Harness Chocolate, which is a grade 5 leather.

In short, I am extremely happy with all facets of my purchase. The quality, workmanship and attention to detail are all outstanding. Hopefully, you will be able to see some of the details in the photos I will be attaching. The leather I selected has a wonderful soft feel and the smell is wonderful. I personally wanted a sofa that was made in the USA and had bit larger seating depth as I am 6' 1". I chose the royal crown fill which was a very reasonable up charge. I also went with the nail trim recommended. I did not upgrade the feet as the ones that came standard hardly show and they match the leather nicely.

I was also extremely pleased with the finish on the back of the couch as my couch does not back up to a wall. Recently Duane had posted a comparison of Hancock and Moore and Bradington Young ottomans. It was a very helpful post as it talked about the importance of "attention to detail". I can say without hesitation that there was a tremendous amount of detail put into the design, fit and finish of this McKinley leather sofa.

The back cushions are removable as they are secured with a very thick strip of velcro. The bottom cushions are also removable as well and each of the three cushions are secured with two clasps on the frame of the couch and two small ring holes on each pillow.

My only suggestion for improvement has nothing to do with the product, it has to do with McKinleys website. I was hesitant to place my order as there was only one photo of each couch and there was no rear or side views. I also wasn't sure if the back cushions were removable or not. The individual sofa descriptions could also have included a few more details as well.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with my McKinley leather 92" Franklin sofa. I can say without hesitation that I would highly recommend this company.

Finally, I would also like to thank Duane Collie for all of his patience answering my questions. His knowledge has been incredibly evident from day one. This forum has been incredibly helpful, from the swatch colors, to the photos, and all of the incredibly helpful topics! Spend time on the forum reading as there's a very good chance, your questions have most likely been answered by Duane or the other Frequent posters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	6930   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	768 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	6931   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	612 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	6932  

Default Re: McKinley Leather Review - Franklin Sofa 4204-92"

Wow ...You did good! Love the overall look of your Sofa and the fantastic leather you selected. Thanks for posting as it is very helpful given the newness of this supplier to those of us here on the Forum.

conanobrienz Guest

can you PM me how much you paid? i'm so frickin angry i missed out on that deal of his. i discovered it like 3 days after his last slot was taken.

That deal will never be repeated on price so its something of a moot point and I request that any exchanges of price information not be posted here in the forum.

I am very pleased with the build and quality of McKinley Leather. I've looked my floor models over pretty good and its done to a higher build and construction level than Bradington Young and is closer to Hancock & Moore than B-Y. However, it lacks the fine features of Hancock and Moore and does not have the detailing. So it splits the difference between H&M and B-Y for my store. H&M will always be the gold standard and the finest available, McKinley will give you nearly the same structural build as H&M at 15% to 20% lower price points if you can give up the detail features, and Bradington Young is a solid piece but now you move into a plywood framed unit built with many other time saving shortcuts at around 25 to 30% off H&M pricing.

On McKinley, get the upgraded Crown Royal Seat cushions ( $ 35 per cushion) if you want a plush sit. Their stock cores are for those that like firm seating.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.