Thread: Hancock & Moore choice

Rebelsooner Guest

Default Hancock & Moore choice

Hello to all and thank you indvance. I sent this as a private message and thought I'd ask the same in the open.

I've been wanting the H&M "author" chair and found a local place that sells and distributes their stuff, so I stopped by to get a price of what I wanted. While I waited they had the "fireplace" chair that was on display and are selling it for considerable discount in the leather I wanted for the "authors" chair.

Anyone have the fireplace chair and have any comments they'd care to share on how it's been? Anyone have any comparisons of the two in question?

Thanks again

Default Re: Hancock & Moore choice

Those are two totally different chairs and really have about as much in common with each other as Ice Cream and Cheese, which are both dairy products but there the similarity ends.

The Fireplace Chair had a short run, and has been dropped so that is why its on clearance. It was one of the few H&M chair designs I loathed, because its a slouch chair that sits low to the ground and is going to put a kink in your back - and that explains why it had a short lifespan as well because it didn't sell. I sat in one at Market when they introduced it, didn't like it and never sat in one again or sold one in my store.

The Author chair on the other hand, is a magnificent mainstay chair with a large presence that you can sit in for hours, especially if you get the ottoman to go with it. In fact, I just ordered an Author Chair for my floor stock last week.

A 'Bargain' is never a deal if you don't like the chair, no matter how good the price.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsooner View Post
    Hello to all and thank you indvance. I sent this as a private message and thought I'd ask the same in the open.

I've been wanting the H&M "author" chair and found a local place that sells and distributes their stuff, so I stopped by to get a price of what I wanted. While I waited they had the "fireplace" chair that was on display and are selling it for considerable discount in the leather I wanted for the "authors" chair.

Anyone have the fireplace chair and have any comments they'd care to share on how it's been? Anyone have any comparisons of the two in question?

Thanks again
    From one "sooner" to another, get the author chair. You will not be disappointed. It is by far my favorite chair.

Rebelsooner Guest

Thank you both for the replies. Yes they are completely opposite but it's good to have a comparison. Depending on the leather, does 3200 sound right for the author chair?

Pricing depends on the cover used on the chair. We don't do open price quotes here in the forum, so if you are curious about a price you can PM me here on the forum, and with a city and zip code I can give you a price quote.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.