Thread: McKinley Leather Review - 3824-Sofa/Loveseat

samcolumbus Guest

Default McKinley Leather Review - 3824-Sofa/Loveseat

I recently purchased the 3824-sofa/loveseat from McKinley Leather from Duane and was one of the lucky ones to get this via his recent one time deal offer.
    First I have to thank Duane for making this offer for one of the finest American made furniture from McKinley. The entire transaction from start to finish was very professional and I felt extremely satisfied in doing business with Duane. I would recommend Duane and the Keeping Room to any of my friends any day!
    Now to the furniture review!
    I used the following link on this forum on "A Primer in selecting Leather" which is very educational for anyone buying leather furniture and particularly helped me pick the leather grade.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ight=our+house
    In addition, Duane had posted various Leather sample photos here which helped me in selecting the leather type/grade.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ed=1#post24038
    I decided on the "blackfoot bark" grade-1 leather. I also selected the "Crown Royal" upgrade for the cushions.
    The details for the cushion and other options that can be purchased can be found here:http://www.mckinleyleatherfurniture.com/quality.php

Please refer to the photos of the furniture. The leather and the quality in my opinion are very good (We have a sherrill leather sofa and hence had some expectations and McKinley exceeded all my expectations). After a week of use, my wife and kids also gave a big thumbs up!
    The sofa is very plush to sit on and of the right comfort for all of us. I am glad I picked the upgrade on the cushions.
    The cushions are all removable and the back cushions have velcro on them. The sofa is equipped with a lock mechanism that you can attach the seat cushions to hold the seats in place (optional use). In inspecting the details, I felt McKinley had paid attention to detail and didn't find any flaws in the workmanship at all!
    I recommend McKinley leather for anyone looking for some quality leather furniture and it should definitely be bought from Duane and the Keeping Room!

Shipping and delivery:
    I received a call from the shipping company and once I confirmed they gave a 4 hour window for the day they were going to deliver. I did receive a call from the driver about an hour prior to the actual delivery time and they were pretty much on time. The 2 gentlemen that unwrapped and brought the furniture inside knew what they were doing and very pleasant to deal with. I had to have a money order or a bank certified check ready for the delivery fees.
    I do have one feedback for McKinley and its on the packing. The furniture was inside a cardboard box with a thin paper like material around the furniture. The cardboard box itself had a lot of big staples on the seams. When it was being unpacked outside the house, I felt that if the person unpacking and pulling the box open was not being careful the big staples could tear the leather or put a hole or two in it. I guess if they could cover the furniture in some sturdy material before they box it and put staples on it, it might help in shipping (of course it might increase the shipping weight and cost but it's worth in my opinion!).
    Also, I would recommend the customers to make themselves very familiar on responsibilities of the seller vs the shipment company. Its also best to understand the rules on when to reject the delivery etc to avoid any disappointment later.
    Thanks again Duane!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0785-1 - Copy - Copy.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	6943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786-1 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	6944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0788-1 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	6945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0795-1 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	1658 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	6946

Default Re: McKinley Leather Review - 3824-Sofa/Loveseat

Thank you for the review! Glad you are pleased with your new McKinley leather.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.