Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore # 9840 City Sofa in Town & Country Cavalier Mocha

Default Hancock & Moore # 9840 City Sofa in Town & Country Cavalier Mocha

This is the sofa I sell more than any other H&M piece. It's also the least expensive sofa they make, along with the Illusion series. Nail trim does not come on this piece, but it can be added. Cavalier is normally a GR 2 leather when not used in the promotion. This is also a very easy piece to delivery and ideal when access is tight, we can get these through smaller doorways. This is a Married Cover hide, which means it was cut and sewn where the leather originates - China in this case. While the sofa is made in the USA in Hickory, when the time comes for the leather they pull this pre-made kit out of the box and install it. I cannot tell the difference between this and one fully made in the USA and the savings is significant. This is not a large sofa, and men 6' tall and over may feel a bit cramped on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0045.jpg 
Views:	2899 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	6957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0046.jpg 
Views:	1157 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	6958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047.jpg 
Views:	1020 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	6959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg 
Views:	1575 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	6960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	6961
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 9840 City Sofa in Town & Country Cavalier Mocha

Hey Duane! Me again, haha.

I stumbled upon this post and it made me think about my height and the different sofas you've sent me quotes for. A few quick questions:

1. Considering the City, September, and Journey sofas, are any of them not suitable for someone who is a touch over 5'11"? Any not as suitable for someone who i 5'3"?

2. Is there any difference in the way that either three of the aforementioned sofas sit, or is the difference in cost mostly attributed to design?

Thanks again. Getting closer to decision time!

I own a September and my wife and I are 5' 9" - 5' 10" and it is a good height for us. Probably fine for 5' 3" as well.

I am 5' 11" and find the 9840 City too small for me, however a 5' 3" person would probably say it's perfect. Journey has a taller back, and softer arms if you plan to nap on the sofa frequently. September is a bit more stylish than the Journey and comfortable to me, but you have to decide if you like the average size back height of it.
    Duane Collie

I somehow missed both of your replies in this thread. Thank you Danw99 and Duane. Our current Clayton Marcus has a 34" height and the City is listed as having a 36" height. Do height measurements include the seat-back pillow, or the height of the sofa without the back cushions?

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    This is the sofa I sell more than any other H&M piece. It's also the least expensive sofa they make, along with the Illusion series. Nail trim does not come on this piece, but it can be added. Cavalier is normally a GR 2 leather when not used in the promotion. This is also a very easy piece to delivery and ideal when access is tight, we can get these through smaller doorways. This is a Married Cover hide, which means it was cut and sewn where the leather originates - China in this case. While the sofa is made in the USA in Hickory, when the time comes for the leather they pull this pre-made kit out of the box and install it. I cannot tell the difference between this and one fully made in the USA and the savings is significant. This is not a large sofa, and men 6' tall and over may feel a bit cramped on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0045.jpg 
Views:	2899 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	6957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0046.jpg 
Views:	1157 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	6958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047.jpg 
Views:	1020 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	6959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg 
Views:	1575 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	6960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	6961
    What was this sofa selling for new? I found a used one for sale... only supposed to be 3 years old used by seasonal residents. Any idea what a fair price would be for a used one, in great condition?

Sorry, at H&M's request we don't publish prices.
    Duane Collie

So...looking at picture 5 there are light speck size dots all over the face of the arm and the rear of the cushion. Is that just some dust or flecks of the cardboard or is it in the leather itself?

Duane, I tried to PM you. It said user not accepting PM. I tried to send it to drcollie. What I was asking, What is the price on this sofa in grade 3 and grade 4. I know you can not list them so if you don't mind ,send me a PM. Thanks, great site and very helpful.

I see no specks in photo 5, and there are never any on new furniture. May be your monitor?

I don’t use PMs, there is a quotes and orders section here on the forum for pricing.
    Duane Collie