Thread: Re: Shipping & Damages

Threaded View

Default Re: Shipping & Damages

Two issues. One on delivery. Ordered Stickley cocktail/leather ottoman table and sofa from reputable dealer. Store called me. Shipment came in. Broken leg on cocktail table. Glad I had it shipped to the store. They said they reordered. I'll check it to make sure it's not just patched by a local repair person. Is a broken leg a big job? Next. At the time of my order, my wife didn't want the floor model on this white fabric sofa. Waited six weeks. It came in with the wrong arms. 3 1/4 club arms vs desired. 5 1/4 club arms. I checked the order. Salesperson put it down wrong. Told us the mfg sent the wrong item. I know they can't return it since the store ordered the wrong item. Though I really would prefer our made to order sofa, it would be another 6 weeks. Also, the store would have 2 almost identical sofas in stock. Same fabric. I wanted/ordered the identical sofa to the floor model. Would it be reasonable for the store to offer me an added discount to take the floor model? I don't want the new one with the 3 1/4 inch arms. I'll add, I originally received a 35% discount off claimed list. A few days later, they advertised a 40% off. We called, and they immediately gave us the extra 5% off. Thought they did the right thing to do. We also have on a later order, a Stickley Mission Recliner with ottoman, in semi aniine leather.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-01-2015 at 11:09 AM.