Did anyone watch 60 Minutes tonight and their report on Lumber Liquidators? They absolutely destroyed their laminate flooring with a report I don't think they can recover from. When the stock market opens tomorrow morning, I bet their stock (symbol LL) takes a nosedive.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lumber-l...ty-violations/

"We sent the samples for testing at two certified labs. It turns out of the 31 samples of Chinese-made laminate flooring, only one was compliant with formaldehyde emissions standards. Some were more than 13x over the California limit. Both labs told us they had never seen formaldehyde levels that high." - 60 Minutes

I am shocked by this, but not surprised, and this continues to be one of the primary reasons I sell only USA-made upholstery in my store. I am constantly approached by Sales Reps wanting me to carry Chinese-made furniture and I just won't do it, in spite of the attractive profit margins those lines offer. Not a week goes by that potential customers leave my store because they can't find what they want for their budget, and I would love to be able to sell them something, but not at the expense of handling sub-standard product. Some items I have no choice on as a consumer - like my iPhone ir iMac - as there are no USA makers of those things However when I do have a choice, I prefer USA-made.

The 60 Minutes report is disturbing, as was the interview with the CEO of Lumber Liquidators who looked like a man whose hand was just caught in the Cookie Jar, in spite of his measured responses to Anderson Cooper. Unsafe levels of formaldehyde - that's unacceptable.