Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for online rugs to arrive

McCall Guest

Default Waiting for online rugs to arrive

Hi there, I am sitting in an empty apt. waiting for my furniture to arrive from MA. it was suppose to come Saturday the 30th and we would have had the long weekend to unpack, or rather husband would, I am disabled and not much help in that department.
    The apt. has purple veined marble foyer and light mauve carpeting and wall, no painting allowed!
    So I am introducing my own color scheme through area rugs.
    Anyway after agonizing for weeks over what I wanted and comparing it online with online pictures of my furniture and of the empty apartment I selected several rugs from Rugsdirect.com They are now in transit, I hope the UPS guy will bring them up to the apt since I cannot get them myself and there is no office or anything here.
    I have ordered from them a few years ago and was pleased so I am hoping for the best now. No Tax and free shipping which is great, and they had a special for AOL memebers just ended for another 15% off.
    Anyway once they come I will post back about the experience and the quality and colors of the rugs etc.
    Hopefully my furniture will arrive tomorrow.

orie Guest

Default post pics when avail.

I hope you can post some pics so we can see the rug.!

McCall Guest

The first of my rugs arrived this week, more coming next week and one back-ordered. The ones that came are very nice. I am not disappointed at all so far. I did neglect to get pads for the ones that were going on carpet, I forgot about carpet creep which I have had before. So now I have to order those, then move all the furniture that the movers just placed, [don't know how we are going to manage that one, I am disabled and hubby has problems as well] anyway we need to move that stuff put down pads and rugs and move it back. I will try to take some pictures when I can.

A couple of tips if you need to move furniture and can't get assistance easily:

These 'skids' are invaluable and you can get them for moving on hardwoods and well as carpeted flooring. This is what I use in my store when I have to move furniture by myself. You still have to slide the pads under the furniture, but once you get them under it, they move easily. E-Z Moves II is the name brand:

http://www.ezmoves.com/video/video.html

When doing oriental rugs, the secret is to roll them in a straight line. They're very difficult to handle otherwise. Start at one end and roll the rug tightly as you can. Place your pad on the floor exactly where you want it. Bring the rolled rug to the pad edge and align the ends precisely BEFORE you unroll the rug. Once you have them matched up, unroll the rug and if you did it right no adjustments to the pad or rug will be necessary.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

McCall Guest

Duane,
    We have several of that type of sliders including one where you can flip it over and it is carpet on one side for sliding on hardwood. this is all moving on carpet though. The ones I have used in the past the piece tends to slip off the slider as you push it. But yet they are better than nothing.

Agreed! They are no substitute for having a couple of strapping college kids wanting to make a few bucks pushing furniture around - but if you have no other way to do it, the glides help a lot. I use them several times a week in my store. Now if they could just make something to help me get things from the downstairs to the upstairs ... other than a $ 80,000 elevator
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

McCall Guest

Perhaps levitation? "Use the Force Luke!"

Sarah Guest

Are the rugs in yet? I want to see pictures!!

McCall Guest

The rugs are in but I am waiting for pads for some of them, I bought the ones for the hard floors but forgot I needed them for the carpeted floors as well, the dreaded rug creep!
    Also pictures is a problem at the moment as I just had to take the camera in to be fixed last night. they tell me a couple weeks, we shall see. I am happy with all the rugs I got though.

Sarah Guest

Are the colors what you expected? I've considered buying rugs online but worry that the color will be "off."