Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: Qualux cushion density - H&M

SofaInSF Guest

Default Re: Qualux cushion density - H&M

Hi Duane,

After nearly three months on my sofa journey, I am almost ready to call you with the order. But the cushion issue has me confused. I am fearful of getting the X-firm cushions as I don't want to end up with an expensive park bench. But I do think our family prefers something firmer. My husband is in the trade, and his back is very tired after a long day of work.

H & M has the standard, extra firm, and extra-full. Now where exactly does the +1 firmess and +2 firmness come in on the standard cores? From reading previous postings, you mentioned that you prefer the +1 yourself. And how does the +1 and +2 differ from the extra firm? (Oh, the City sofa I sat in was very full looking compared to the other City on the floor with down. But the store's label and the salespeople offered conflicting info on the actual cushions when I inquired.)

Thanks!

Default Re: Qualux cushion density - H&M

Cushion firmness is a bit of a grey area. In a standard core, you can specify if you want it normal, softer, or firmer. You can also say you want it EXTRA firm or EXTRA EXTRA firm, or even more full with a standard core. All this is at no additional charge. They don't use a percentage of firmness at H&M (they are Southern after all!) Those are all acceptable terminologies.

In Standard cores I sell probably 90% of all sofas with the normal or default firmness. About 8% with Extra Firm, and 2 % with extra full. I have never sold a 'softer' core. And though I've sold the Extra-Extra Firm, everyone that has ordered that has told me they regret it and its too hard. So my advice is to go with the first step only at Extra Firm.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.