Thread: I am no longer taking PRIVATE MESSAGES

Default I am no longer taking PRIVATE MESSAGES

Effective today I have turned off Private Messaging on the forum for myself only. Too many users - mostly newbies - are PM'ing me questions that belong in the forum and asking a bevy of general questions via Private Messaging. This defeats the purpose of the forum, which it to have a searchable database of answers so that I am not typing out the same answers to questions time and time again. It's out of control and I this is the only way i know how to curtail this issue. The intent of this forum is to provide a FREE place to ask and answer questions on furniture among the forum members, of which i am one. To that end, questions go where EVERYONE can see them and benefit from the answers. To attempt to create a one-on-one dialogue for answers to questions simply cannot work as I cannot have 30 to 40 private conversations at any given time - there are not enough hours in the day to do that.

Please remember that this forum is free to use. This may come as a shock to some, but I don't make a living answering questions! That means it is done as time allows, and in the general forum. Kindly adhere to that format and realize that my primary purpose in this business is to make sales in the store as that's what keeps the lights on and pays the bills. I'm glad to answer questions of a general nature as long as they are asked here on the forum. Please do not email me questions that belong on the forum as well, for that is no different than a Private Message.

Thanks for understanding,

Duane
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-06-2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.