First of all, I would like to thank the Fearless Leader for this forum, I have learned so much here.

Now to my issue: I have decided to continue with my family room slipcovered furniture streak which has served me well for 20 years now. In the past I have had Ballard Designs Vintage Vogue and Club Furniture models. The Vintage Vogue was wonderful and lasted for 15 years before a helpful house guest broke the metal hide-a-bed system, but I bought it in the early 90's, and I'm not convinced I would get the same quality when purchasing today (additionally I no longer need the sleeper, so I'm favoring eight-way hand tied). The Club Furniture I have had for maybe five years, and it is ready to be hauled away, but I guess I paid what it was worth. Now I'm ready for the next go around, but at my age I would like this to be the last sofa and chair that I buy, I'm hoping to get another 15-20 years out of my next set. So here is where the crazy comes in (maybe): Is it possible to buy H&M fabric pieces made without any welts, piping, skirts etc., and have tailored slipcovers made for them, or should I just go with Quatrine, slipcovered pieces being their specialty? I love the H&M policy of free replacement cushions, that is their number one selling point for me. I don't yet know about Quatrine's policies. I am just starting my research and would appreciate any info or opinions.

Related note: If anyone knows of top quality slipcovered sofa manufacturers I would appreciate company names to research.