Thread: Hancock & Moore # 1283 Campaign series Sofa, Loveseat, Chair in Gunner Mocha

Default Hancock & Moore # 1283 Campaign series Sofa, Loveseat, Chair in Gunner Mocha

Here's the classic H&M Campaign pieces in a new GR 1 leather called GUNNER, this color is Mocha. I do like this series, it sits well, has great lines on it, and is well-tailored. I think this new Gunner leather is terrific for a Price Grade 1 hide and is exactly what people have been asking for for years. It's entry level price in a Finished leather, has rich colors, nice hand, soft matte finish and tailors up well, with not too much 'special effect' or shading. Its just right, and this is my new favorite GR 1 hide from Hancock & Moore. One of the nice no-cost features that H&M does on many of their pieces are the adjustable glides on the bottom of each leg. Allows you to adjust for that uneven floor and it prevents cracks and chip outs at the bottom of the leg. Here's the photos...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair1.jpg 
Views:	1119 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	7144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair2.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	7145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair3.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	7146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair4.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	7147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair5.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	7148
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 1283 Campaign series Sofa, Loveseat, Chair in Gunner Mocha

more....

Name:	LS1.jpg 
Views:	853 
ID:	7154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS2.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	7155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa1.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	7156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa2.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	7157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa3.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	7158
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 1283 Campaign series Sofa, Loveseat, Chair in Gunner Mocha

Here is a shot of the adjustable foot glide, and also of the seat cushion. Notice how each corner on the seat cushion casing it tailored for a position? Cushion cannot be flipped left/right for that reason.

Name:	cushion1 copy.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	7159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foot1.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	7160
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-16-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    Duane Collie

uvanick Guest

Question Re: Hancock & Moore # 1283 Campaign series Sofa, Loveseat, Chair in Gunner Mocha

DrCollie, I am new to this forum and depute reading the "new forum members Please read this" thread, I am sure I am breaking a rule or two. I live in Jacksonville, FL and my new home's construction should be completed by end of September or early October. I have been shopping leather sofa & love seat for a few weeks now. We started looking at B&Y but my wife and I really may pursue the H&M 1283 Campaign Sofa and love seat. Room will be 19-4 X 21-2.

Looked at the Gunnar Toffee Class 1 "protected" - (2 young boys and a dog) Not sure the jump in quality/price in the next grade/class levels however, in building a new house that needs to be furnished, I want quality but need to fill multiple rooms.

Seeking 3 things: 1. Is the Grade 1 acceptable? - you seem fairly high on it from the post? - Or is it warranted in price/quality/texture to go up a level. 2. Best price/place to buy 3. "Method" to buy (drive up to NC or VA and u-haul) back?

Thoughts? Thanks -Nick

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Here's the classic H&M Campaign pieces in a new GR 1 leather called GUNNER, this color is Mocha. I do like this series, it sits well, has great lines on it, and is well-tailored. I think this new Gunner leather is terrific for a Price Grade 1 hide and is exactly what people have been asking for for years. It's entry level price in a Finished leather, has rich colors, nice hand, soft matte finish and tailors up well, with not too much 'special effect' or shading. Its just right, and this is my new favorite GR 1 hide from Hancock & Moore. One of the nice no-cost features that H&M does on many of their pieces are the adjustable glides on the bottom of each leg. Allows you to adjust for that uneven floor and it prevents cracks and chip outs at the bottom of the leg. Here's the photos...

Name:	Chair1.jpg 
Views:	1119 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	7144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair2.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	7145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair3.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	7146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair4.jpg 
Views:	858 
ID:	7147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair5.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	7148
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-28-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. I took the liberty of removing your phone number from your post, you really don't want that in a public forum. Congrats on your new home! I have built new homes twice before an know the cash layout is tough when you do that. Hancock & Moore is premium in both build and will cost appx 25 to 30 % more than a comparable Bradington Young piece. I am a believer in putting the best made furniture in the most oft-used room, because that is where it gets used hard and the quality of the build really pays off. A master bedroom sitting chair by comparison, rarely gets sat in so there you can go down-market a bit and put your money in the family room pieces. Some of the GR 1's are absolutely decent, I would not object to having a leather like Kip in my own home (though I tend to only buy upper grade anilines for myself). Grades are strictly cost-based, what the make has to pay for the hide. It has nothing to do with longevity or service duty as long as you are in a real top-grain hide and not some disaster leather like bonded or bicast. The trick to keeping it going year after year is to get on a maintenance cleaning/softening/protection program and stay with it every 6 months or sooner. That's what makes your leather last, not the price grade you buy into.

Best place to buy is from the dealer you feel most comfortable with. You have lots of choices. I have several hundred customers in Florida, and to order from my store you want to have it shipped. It would cost more to drive to VA and pick it up!
    Duane Collie