Hello

I am new to this forum and am drowning with all the information that is available. I am looking for living room furniture. I want to buy it and not worry about them for a few years 15-20 years. I want a sofa with a chaise at the end to stretch my legs. The main thing for me is not to worry about frames breaking, cushions sagging, foam losing its stiffness, etc. I live in Metro Detroit.

At some local stores, I have looked at the following furniture - Mitchell Gold Bob Williams, Norwalk Furniture, Decorest (Candian company), Klausner. I liked something in Norwalk but not sure if it is of good quality. The sales person for Norwalk did say that -

1 - the springs in Norwalk are 8 way machine tied.
2 - the Norwalk furniture frame is made of engineered hardwood and has a lifetime warranty
3 - the foam has a lifetime warranty
3 - Engineered hardwood is better construction than solid wood.

Needless to say, I am confused and not sure what and whom to trust. Can some of you experts kindly chime in and suggest good quality furniture brands that will last me a while and is worth re-upholstering. As I mentioned, I want a sofa with a chaise at the end to stretch my legs - preferably, the cushion or back is a single piece than split into pillows.

The main thing for me is not to worry about frames breaking, cushions sagging, foam losing its stiffness, etc. Please help/guide.

Regards

Raavango