Thread: Custom Upholstery Manufacturer

Default Custom Upholstery Manufacturer

I would like to let the readers of this Forum know of an absolutely wonderful and unusual resource. His name is Glenn Laughlin and he has a small shop in North Carolina, near High Point.
    Glenn specializes in making custom upholstered furniture. He makes his own frames and does his own upholstering at a quality level unsurpassed by any upholstery manufacturer in the country.
    He can work from a picture or a sketch and recreate the original item, often at prices far below the cost of the original.
    Glenn works with both leather and fabric (which must be supplied by the customer), does 8 way hand-tied springs, spring-down cushions, and any other option that the customer would like. He also does reupholstering.
    Glenn has done work for many prominent customers including former North Carolina Senator John Edwards, for whom Glenn has built numerous pieces.
    Glenn does not have a computer, so the only way to reach him is at his home or shop which share the phone number 336-431-6602.

That's so typical! The best woodworkers I know NEVER have any electronics. No computers, no iPods, no Smart Phones, not even HD TV. They think installing a fax machine is cutting edge technology.

Its pretty funny. I tease all of them relentlessly about someday getting into the 1990's.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.