Thread: Hate my Bradington Young Sectional. Need recommendation for replacement . . .

kshaddix Guest

Default Hate my Bradington Young Sectional. Need recommendation for replacement . . .

Looking for advice. I have a Bradington Young Sectional in my living room. I purchased it 2 1/2 years ago and paid over $4000 for it. I loved the look of it and still do, but there are things I HATE about it. I hate that I am always having to fluff it. As soon as anyone sits on it, it looks horrible. The cushions do not maintain shape at all and I hate that it looks cheap when not constantly fluffed. For that kind of money, I was hoping for something that would look decent. I am in the market to replace it and am prepared to spend double that to get something that will last! My parents have a Huntington House Sectional that they paid dearly for (more than $8,000) but every time I set on it, I can definitely tell the quality difference in it over my Bradington Young. They had the back cushions semi-attached and it just seems so much firmer and maintains shape. I am looking for recommendations for replacement. Attached are some pictures of how my current sectional looks when fluffed and then after someone has sat on it. It's almost embarrassing!! Help!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6159.JPG 
Views:	428 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	7237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6164.JPG 
Views:	416 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	7238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6165.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	7239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6596.JPG 
Views:	373 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	7240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6597.JPG 
Views:	380 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	7241

Default Re: Hate my Bradington Young Sectional. Need recommendation for replacement . . .

You probably have spring down cushion cores in the seats and perhaps down fill in the back? The solution to more firmness and less fluffing is to replace them with the HR Foam cores that you can order from your Bradington Young dealer. Have them made 'overfilled' Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kshaddix Guest

Default Re: Hate my Bradington Young Sectional. Need recommendation for replacement . . .

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You probably have spring down cushion cores in the seats and perhaps down fill in the back? The solution to more firmness and less fluffing is to replace them with the HR Foam cores that you can order from your Bradington Young dealer. Have them made 'overfilled' Good luck!
    Thanks but I have already agreed to donate this to my daughter . . . I'm going to need a new one. What do you recommend?

Fabric sectionals? Taylor King is my first choice. For leather, Hancock & Moore.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.