Thread: Pricing on H&M Kingwood Tufted Sofa 4434

Garyrajsich Guest

Default Pricing on H&M Kingwood Tufted Sofa 4434

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum but have been doing lots of research on Leather Furniture, and this looks like the place to be.

I've been pricing the Hancock & Moore Tufted Sofa #4434, Class 3 Leather Unprotected. Boyles quoted me a price bit over $4500, while Seaside quoted me a price over $1,000 less. I was a bit surprised, since I was much more familiar with Boyles and had assumed they would offer the best deal. I then heard from Lexington Furniture, who were just a tad over the quote from Seaside. Delivery costs were about the same for all 3.

Most of my Research has said Boyles is a top of the line Retailer. Could I be missing something here? Why would they be more expensive. I'm positive the Item #, Leather Grade, etc were the exact same for all 3 quotes.

I'm also awaiting quotes from Knight Furniture and Leather Depot. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Every dealer sets their own prices. Just to give you an example, I sell that sofa in a grade 3 leather for $ 3,704 plus shipping.

Every dealer has to set their prices so they can maintain their business. If you spend enough time on it, you can get to the very bottom dollar ( I think you're pretty close to finding it ). Service and knowledge levels will vary from dealer to dealer as well. Sometimes the low price guy is a nightmare on service, and sometimes you get lucky and have no problems or issues with an order. Never assume your service levels will be the same from one to the next. Look at order and return policies as well, they can vary.

Good luck in your search.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Default My .02

I am going to give you my .02 here as I have just received my H&M leather recliner after ordering through Duane. I can attest that you will not find any better service than through Duane and his pricing is by far the best. You do have to remember service is just as important and Duane goes above and beyond in that department. The delivery service they use "Home Delivery Service" was great as well and I find their pricing very fair. I have absolutely no affiliation with The Keeping Room and simply prefer to do business with those who provide me with good service and are honest people just simply trying to earn a living and at the same time educate their customer. I have found not many furniture sales associates know their products and certaintly none come close to Duane as far as knowledge and assistance. I can assure you Duane will provide you with all you need and then some! Good luck with your H&M purchase!

puhmuckel Guest

Default Agree 100%

I have also purchased from Duane and have been 100% satisfied with product, service and especially piece of mind. I usually do my research before I make a major purchase and I can only say that I am glad I bought from him.

One more vote for furniture retailer of the year goes to Duane Collie of The Keeping Room. I have placed 2 orders with Duane. The first for an ottoman to match an existing H&M leather sofa. Duane sent a sample cutting from my existing piece (there is a sample attached to the frame under the cushions) for a match at the factory. They sent back their best match and we both agreed it was not close enough. Duane suggested canceling the order and refunded my deposit with the suggestion we might try to match again in the future if we were still interested. I can assure you this was the most pleasurable experience of a "non-purchase" I have ever had. The second experience with Duane was the purchase of a Leathercraft office desk chair. Again Duane invested considerable time and effort in helping me locate a chair that met my requirements. I still remember the day I picked it up from his store in Alexandria, Va. We both loved the looks and comfort of the new chair. He actually expressed a desire to own one himself he liked it so much. Well Duane i will leave instructions to pass the chair on to you after I'm gone, but until that time you will have to buy your own. LOL..

So my message is if you are considering a purchase of quality furniture that Duane can supply, then you really should take serious considerations of giving him you business. He will earn it with his price, service and fair treatment of you as a customer. Duane will indeed value you and you will indeed be glad you found a retailer you will be happy to do repeat business with.

Garyrajsich Guest

Thanks to everyone, especially Duane, for all of your advice. I agree that there is more to consider when spending Thousands of dollars on Furniture than a few hundred dollars difference in price. This is especially true when ordering online. I will be in touch with the Keeping Room for a quote on my entire planned purchase.

My next step will be to find a local retailer so I can actually sit in the Furniture before buying it.

Thanks again for your help.

Laxplaya7974 Guest

I just have to put in another vote for going with Duane. I am in the middle of buying my first good piece of furniture (H&M Couch) through Duane and so far everything has been perfect. I spent a lit of time emailing back and forth and he always found out the answer to my questions and never made me feel like he only wanted to sell me something. Very knowledgeable.

trisig Guest

I received my H&M leather September sofa from Duane and it is great. It took 6 weeks for delivery to Michigan, but I wasn't in a hurry. Thank you Duane! The sofa is great, although I think our dog has sat on it more than I have. She thinks it is very comfy. I do to. I have been out of town for the past two weeks since receiving it!
    Last edited by trisig; 06-06-2009 at 02:00 PM.