Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Power Recliner in Capri Butternut

Default Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Power Recliner in Capri Butternut

Wood finish, Oiled Sandalwood. Nail trim "R" & "S".

Myself and my two delivery guys unpack this beauty early today and before we load it for the lucky customer's home and we all have to give it a quick test ride because - well - we all three thought it stunning. It does not disappoint! This is an expensive recliner in this leather - make no mistake. A top-of-the-line German bull hide, GR 4, luxury hide, and look how deep the tufts are in the back - NOBODY tufts like Hancock & Moore.

When you want to treat yourself, this is one to get. My first thought in sitting in it was "I need this in my home".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grant1.jpg 
Views:	767 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	7464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grant2.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	7465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grant3.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	7466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	7467
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-25-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Power Recliner in Capri Butternut

Duane, you have impeccable taste. I have been reading and looking at pictures in this space for years now, and not only have I been impressed with the quality of your product and the depth of knowledge you have; I have been noticing what you like, and what you don’t like— even the pics you’ve posted of your own beautiful home (I’m not a stalker! Really! lol!). You are a true craft connoisseur. I was looking for a luxurious chair, and this post (as well as another, in which you talk about how comfy the Grant is) made up my mind! Now it’s a question of whether I get it in Capri Tobacco, which I learned about through you— or Finery Cypress—a recent revelation, again, which I gained knowledge of through this space. For readers who have never had the pleasure of trying Finery, I encourage you to give it a whirl: it’s a SUPER thick pull-up leather with dramatic bursts and just magical qualities. I absolutely love it. And of course, Capri is a luxury classic.

Thank you, Duane!

The really big difference is Capri is a luxurious, non-making hide and Finery is a classic pull up that will show pressure marks. Both are top shelf leathers in their class, just depends on the look you want to achieve and your preferences.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The really big difference is Capri is a luxurious, non-making hide and Finery is a classic pull up that will show pressure marks. Both are top shelf leathers in their class, just depends on the look you want to achieve and your preferences.
    I think I will probably go with the pull up, but it’s a tough choice between two gorgeous leathers. See, I have a CAT. She’s super well-trained, and does not scratch where she isn’t supposed to. However, there is always the issue of the occasional incidental scuff from her jumping up and down. I’ve tortured my Capri sample, even with a nail, and it can take a surprising amount of abuse (at least, the way it bounced back surprised me). That is quality leather. The Finery bounced back, too! There’s a reason H&M is called the best. Anyway, I’m thinking that a scuff or two on the arm of a pull up would upset me less. I take excellent care of my stuff, so “scuffed up by design” won’t allow me to get too hung up on keeping it perfect.

Then agai, that Capri is soooo tempting. My mind is spinning!

Thank you, Duane.
    Last edited by BklynLanie; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:42 AM.