I need some help in planning new furniture for our living room.

Our room is about 17 feet by 14.5 feet, with a corner cut off for the entry way from the foyer. The ceiling is 14 feet high at you enter the room and slopes along a pitched roof to 8.5 feet at the opposite corner. The windows along the long wall face north and the room tends to be pretty dark even with the wood blinds open. The wall opposite the windows has a fireplace flanked by tall recessed bookcases and a hearth that juts into the room.

My husband and I use the room primarily as a media room but it is also our only entertaining space. We are replacing a way-too-big-but-comfy fabric covered sectional (102” x 102”) that has given good use but has seen better days.

Because of the existing wiring, the TV/entertainment center really can’t be moved.

After much debate, we think the best option is a sofa and chair. I have attached a floor plan, which shows the Hancock and Moore Salvatore Sofa and Chair. The Salvatore sofa is on the larger side (96” x 45.5” x 37.5” for the sofa and 34.5” x 33.5” x 36.75” for the matching chair). We are also considering the Paley Sofa (85.5” x 38” x 37”) and the Your Way Sofa (87” x 35.5” x 40.5”).

The plan doesn’t show any tables because frankly I’m not sure what will work.

Any thoughts on this or other possible arrangements would be greatly appreciated.
LivingRoomLayout081215.pdf