Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
Hello all! I am not sure if I am posting in the correct area, but here we go:

I have learned a ton over the past few months reading your posts on the Garden forums -- which I stumbled across randomly Google searching about leather sofa quality. I'm glad to see that you have branched off to an easier to read and follow forum style.

I recently purchased a Natuzzi leather sectional (yes I know, Natuzzi is not the best quality, but it is what we could afford). I happened to get a fantastic deal on it, and it looks great in our home. I'm hoping that with proper care, we can get 10-15 years out of her before it becomes a "basement sofa". Hopefully by then we will be able to afford a higher-quality leather sofa!

I am comfortable cleaning my sofa with a washcloth, but I was looking at some of the Leather Master products out there. What I can't find is that type of leather that my Natuzzi sofa is made of. My guess (based on price, reviews, etc.) is that I have Finished / Protected leather. Therefore, I should be fine purchasing the "Maxi Kit" from Leather Master.

Before I invest any money into cleaning products, I wanted to be sure I was purchasing the right stuff!

Thanks again for all that you do to help out the public with our furniture woes and questions!! I have truly learned so much just by reading your posts.
Hi Josh, I moved your post to the LEATHER category, and welcome!

Your Nautuzzi has a finished or pigmented hide on it, and you should be fine using the Leathermaster Maxi Kit on it. I use that on virtually all my leather at home. It will add a bit more 'punch' to the looks of your leather vs. plain soap and water. In a few very rare cases it can react with the topcoat on certain hides and cause the topcoat to lift over a period of months. I was told by Leathercraft they had an issue with that on their Rembrandt series of hides - but that's the only incident I've heard of. Soap and water errs on the side of caution, as the makers will not even discuss any cover warranty if you've used non-approved cleaning products.

Keep it clean (2x a year) and you should easily make your target time goal of use if the spring and cushions hold up well.