Thread: Looking for H&M leather selection advice

ccv1221 Guest

Default Looking for H&M leather selection advice

I was ready to pick Document Copper on a high back Austin Sofa and document Latte on two Sullivan chairs, when I read some of the comments about long term wear. Furniture is for our family room. We have a small (18 lb) dog and a husband who likes to snack in the family room (potato chips, ice cream). We drink red wine and coffee in the family room. I suspect the coffee and wine is the main risk.

While price is always a consideration, I like the color of Copper. Latte was selected because I like it with the Copper. Like everyone else, I had thought protected leather would hold up better.

I am now hesitating. The Copper sample I have seems to be the same color through it while Latte is not. Since Document is a protected leather, I suspect the donating steer for the copper sample happened to be "copper colored", while the Latte steer was not.

Any suggestions for leather that will hold its looks the longest (given the coffee/red wine), assuming that is cared for properly.

If we did go with a protected leather would you recommend the no-welt option.

Carol

Default Re: Looking for H&M leather selection advice

Have you reviewed this thread by chance? All you want to know about leather will be here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ecting-leather

"Protected" means nothing more than the leather is PAINTED.

I do not order Document for my floor models, of the 400+ hides in the H&M lineup it is probably my least favorite as to my eye it is over-processed and rather fake-looking. Like Cheez-Wiz. Having said that, H&M sells tons of it, but I will talk any of my customers out of it given half a chance....lol

As far as I am concerned (and this is just my opinion) the only reason you buy Document is because its a feature leather on a Town and Country item and you need to stay within that price budget, otherwise there are much better ones you can select. On the 8038 Sofa, the Document is a promotional leather - but is not on the 9461 Sullivan chairs it is the Dream leather - and Dream is much nicer than Document .
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.