Thread: Layout - Looking for new sectional

symmetros Guest

Default Layout - Looking for new sectional

Hello,

We are looking for a new sectional. I've concentrated on looking at Hancock and Moore based on all the information found on this forum. We went to a store in Houston, but all they had was H&M recliners and armchairs, so still need to try out the sofas.

Need a little help determining if the sectionals that we've liked from photos online will actually fit; have not been able to find really good dimensional diagrams on the H&M website.

The current sectional we have is white fabric, but we had our first child last year, so looking to switch to leather.

The dimensions of our current sectional are 119" x 82".

We think we could fit a 130-135 on the long side (the side facing the entertainment center, and maximum of 100" on the short side.

We've mostly concentrated on L-shaped sectionals.

Here are the ones we like:

Inspiration
    Arrington
    Campaign
    Lacross (with different legs, if possible)

Looking for something that will be comfortable for people between 5'5" and 6'.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3252.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	7612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	7613  

Default Re: Layout - Looking for new sectional

If you are in Houston, have you been to Louis Shanks? They are the premier Hancock and Moore dealer in Texas and I would think they would have several sofas to try out - though I don't know what kind of inventory they carry.

Campaign is 92" x 116" in a 2/3 configuration
    Arrington is 92" x 117" in a 2/3
    LaCross is 103" x 105" in a 2/2
    Inspiration is 95" x x 120" in a 2/3

The Lacross is a little deeper on the inside depth than the other three, which are fairly standard. While comfort is totally subjective, I think you would find any of the four to be suitable.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

symmetros Guest

Talking Re: Layout - Looking for new sectional

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    If you are in Houston, have you been to Louis Shanks? They are the premier Hancock and Moore dealer in Texas and I would think they would have several sofas to try out - though I don't know what kind of inventory they carry.

Campaign is 92" x 116" in a 2/3 configuration
    Arrington is 92" x 117" in a 2/3
    LaCross is 103" x 105" in a 2/2
    Inspiration is 95" x x 120" in a 2/3

The Lacross is a little deeper on the inside depth than the other three, which are fairly standard. While comfort is totally subjective, I think you would find any of the four to be suitable.
    Duane,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I'm in the Houston area, so I'll try Louis Shanks this weekend and see if they have any sofas or sectionals that we can try. I've been struggling a bit with the decision to take the plunge because this is a pretty big purchase and there is a lot to learn about leather, but perhaps you can help me make a decision, so I can actually take the plunge. My white sofa gets a bit less white the more my son grows so I can't postpone this forever!

So, a few more questions:

Ok, I've read The Primer and various posts here, however, I'm still undetermined about which leather grade would be best for our situation. I am considering Class 2 or Class 3. I have a growing son, so I expect I need a very durable leather, but since the leather grade is for pricing and not durability, how do I choose the leather?

I was looking for something that wasn't your traditional brown, simply because I have dark brown hardwood floors as you can see from the picture. I still have to buy a rug for the space, but have been procrastinating that decision until I purchase the couch, but expect it will be a lighter color to brighten that space a bit. Some of the colors I liked that I saw samples at the other store I visited are Hutton Putty, Kip Haze, Piazza Pewter, Glamour Steel. I only looked at a limited number of samples, and I see on the H&M website they have tons of options. And it is hard for me to really visualize how the couch will look once it is that color. Any tips on choosing colors? The colors I naturally go for are browns, like the Cameo Mocha Burnished, but it seems like there might be too much brown in the room if I go with a brown couch.

Really liking the Inspiration sectional, but what is the inner depth of that one? Also, from the picture it looks like the cushions are not fully supported vertically (as opposed to the Arrington). Is this a concern? or are both designs equally durable? I like the dimensions of the Inspiration as well and think it will fit our space well.

And just to double check myself, do you like the L-shaped configuration for our space? or do you think something else would work better?

Ok, last one (for now), are there any promotional leathers that you would recommend that may make this purchase more palatable for the wallet? I want something nice and durable, but I know at times you've recommended promotional leathers to others to help with pricing.

Feeling a bit more optimistic....thanks in advance.