Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I am more confused - HELP!!!

Bev, are you still going for a sectional with dual recliners in it, or do you want to look at stationary ones as well? The dual recliner models really limit us to only a few choices.

I tend to like H&M as a better-sitting product overall. At least to my sitting preferences. Across the product line they seem to be a safer bet purchasing sight unseen - they spend more time working out the kinks in the design phase until everyone has a say in the build of it, not the least is Jimmy Moore.

B-Y is always going to be less expensive however. It s a different product in the way that a Rolex is different from a Seiko. Neither company considers the other a direct competitor as they are serving different market segments. B-Y goes for a price point in high quality goods , while H&M goes for the best product in the land with no excuses as to the cost.

The prices reflect that as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

winnipb Guest

I am ready to throw in the towel on the reclining function. If I can get into a H&M with a decent back height I may give in to a straight out sectional.

winnipb Guest

I tend to like H&M as a better-sitting product overall. At least to my sitting preferences. Across the product line they seem to be a safer bet purchasing sight unseen - they spend more time working out the kinks in the design phase until everyone has a say in the build of it, not the least is Jimmy Moore.

I did sit on a H&M sofa a couple of years ago and I loved it I felt like I sunk right in (sunk in - in a good way) hahaha! Bev

Laxplaya7974 Guest

I have to agree with Bev. H&M are amazing in how you sink right in and are so comfortable, you dont want to get up!

Quote Originally Posted by winnipb View Post
    I am ready to throw in the towel on the reclining function. If I can get into a H&M with a decent back height I may give in to a straight out sectional.
    Ahh! Now you've just expanded your choices considerably. I personally think a stationary sectional with a 36" to 42" square ottoman is superior to ones with recliners in the outboard stations. Just as comfortable, no 'wear' issues on the ends, no 'pinch' issues from the mechanism when kids and teens are playing around on it, and the back of the piece looks much nicer without the cut-outs for the recliner portions.

Here's where H&M starts:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/categ...?categoryid=SE

I can guarantee that you and your husband would like the Austin High Back and the Journey sectionals in particular. You make not like the price, but you'd like the way they sit! I'm fairly partial to that Journey model, myself. If there's a more comfortable one from any maker than that one, I don't know what it would be. The Austin High Back is also great, but it does have a bit of a "pillow" look going on in such a large piece. I think design wise the Journey pulls the look together better.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.