Thread: Where to See H&M, Leathercraft, Bradington-Young?

D53 Guest

Default Where to See H&M, Leathercraft, Bradington-Young?

Duane and company have persuaded me and my wife to purchase high-end, USA made, furniture. However, it isn't carried locally (we live in the southeast). We need to see and sit on the furniture before we purchase to make sure it is a good fit for ud.

We are willing to drive all around the southeastern United States to see it. We are willing to drive to Lexingon, KY; Atlanta; North Carolina; and even Alexandria, Virginia to see this stuff. Where can we see a good variety, large selection of high quality furniture? Any recommendations?
    Last edited by D53; 05-26-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Tough call ! I can tell you that I always keep about twenty frames of H&M on the floor along with half a dozen each of Leathercraft and B-Y, but my store is not large! Certainly there are lots of stores in North Carolina, but it really depends on which maker you are looking at to pick a specific one. There are stores 10x larger than mine that are H&M dealers that might only show two frames on the floor, the rest of the space taken up by other makes.

If you just want massive, Greenfront Interiors owns the whole town of Farmville VA and they have everything under the sun in a scattering of buildings. Lots of junk, but some treasure, too.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

D53 Guest

Duane, There is no hurry on this. I don't think we can make the trip until mid-August at the earliest due to other commitments.

I don't know which specific brands as my wife has yet to make that decision. However, I suspect our first choice will be Hancock & Moore, possibly Leathercraft, and maybe even a non-leather manufacturer (although I believe my wife is leaning towards leather for its durability). We are looking for a reclining sectional and possibly an occassional chair. Oh yes, we could also use some bar stools.

I think the important points with regards to store/showroom-visiting recommendations are the number/variety of different frames on display so as to get a sense as to whether they are the right "fit" for our frames! We sat on a few sofas this weekend (Ashley furniture, Leather Italia). Most seem too large. Both of us are around 5' 7". Lazy-Boy seemed to be a good fit for our frames (but we will not buy Lazy-Boy, Ashley, etc.).

We will make a stop in your store, but we would also like to stop at a couple of places en-route, possibly in North Carolina and/or Atlanta. Perhaps limiting our stops to 4-5 stores in total.

D53... if you are willing to travel, why not go to Hickory, N.C. There are a number of retail stores that represent some of the best furniture manufacturers.
    Other locations include High Point, N.C. Duane's also suggests Greenfront in Farmville, Va. I would strongly suggest you contact Duane Collie at The Keeping Room in Alexandria,Va. for competitive quotes before making any purchase decisions. Those of us who have purchased from Duane are so convinced that he is fair, informed, experienced, customer oriented and competitive that we are quick to recommend him.