Thread: Gym membership

Sarah Guest

Default Gym membership

I joined the gym today. I am now locked into a 2-year contract laden with guilt. (I skipped a day/week/month/etc. = GUILT)

Anyone have tips for staying motivated?

Good for you, Sarah! Just thinking about your gym membership motivated me to go next door to Baskin-Robbins and get a Butter Pecan cone (resistance is futile when they've been next door to you for the past 20 years).

Seriously though, I found the key to going to the gym was to have a gym-buddy and you meet there the same time(s) on a regular schedule, and work out together. Its really easy to blow off a work session (or cut it back) when you go by yourself, but a training partner will keep you motivated!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

soster Guest

Watch reruns of "The Biggest Loser." And try to have a partner as Duane said.

Laxplaya7974 Guest

The gym-buddy is a great idea! I would also recommend setting a time each day where you put it in your planner, calendar, etc. for working out so that it does not get pushed back until it never happens!

Sarah Guest

When I joined the gym they included one "fitness assessment" and a free session w/ a personal trainer. I did both today and remembered how very OUT of shape I am! Ouch - I don't know if I will be able to walk for a week after the workout that the trainer put me through today.

-Sarah

Good for you! Stay with it...<cheer>. I sure wouldn't want a 'fitness assessment', they'd fill up too many pages on their chart and take away my Key Lime Pie.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.